Sinister: Sometimes I lie awake til sunrise

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Fri Feb 14 20:52:07 GMT 2003

Hi Sinister,

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, even though it
sucks. But not completely though. Mine was quite
alright, for not having an actual Valentine to woe. But
still. Our school had this two hour concert for Tibet,
it was fun. I got out of my computer class and all, and
it was fun to see everyone perform. To be honest, I was
dying to perform myself, I so wanted to be the cool
rockgirl that everyone falls in love with. But no. Lots
of girls singing lots of ballads, some good stuff, this
guy rapped and he was brilliant, some nice poetry, a
nice drumsolo and some other stuff. Mostly though: LOTS
of girls + LOTS of ballads. Hmph.

Yesterday, I was home alone, so I had on a t-shirt and
knickers and danced around the apartment, miming in
fron of the mirror to the v. cool band The Sounds
songs. I'd say my performance of their song Riot was
the best. I ended up lying on the floor, and then in
other various cool rockclichéposes. It was one
helluvanevening, i tell ya. But it was sort of fun, i
guess.

I'm still coughing like hell. It's really annoying.
Especially at night, when I wake up and lay in my bed
like coughing non-stop for half an hour and stuff. And
it's not nice when you wanna cough all the way through
all the ballads in the schoolshow. It's like a mental
game. Slow song = big need for coughing. Loud song
where no one would notice = feelin' swell.

Turns out I'm not going to New York. Or that
exchange-student-thing to Seattle for four months. Fuck
no. It costs a fortune, apparently. Duh. I miss New
York even though I've never been there. But listening
to Jesse Malin sort of is New York to me.

Yours truly intended to go to an anti-war in
Iraq-demonstration tomorrow. But I probably won't since
I'm so sick. It's a shame though, I've been planning to
go for ages.

The most exciting thing that happened today, was that I
got to sit behind my crush for two hours, plus my
favourite teacher accidently put his hand on my thigh
(it really was an accident and we were both sort of
embarrassed, so don't go thinking he's some old perv or
something, he really is the cooles teacher ever) for
like a second. Oh my GOD. That was the most exciting
thing about my day. OH MY GOD!

I think I might write a novel. I've started one. But I
really want to write a good novel and be good at
something. My music sort of sucks sometimes. I'm not so
good at the guitar and I've been playing for two years
now. I love it, but people give me more praise for my
writing (thank you all you sweet sinisterians who keep
sending sweet e-mails to me, encouraging me to keep on
writing) so maybe I'll stick to that for a while. Or
drawing and painting. Oh well.

Hope you all feel better than I do. I suspect that I
have coughed out every single piece of my body, so I'm
just some sort of empty shell. Ewww..! Now that's
gross. I take it back. In real life, I can't control
what I say, so mostly I walk around making an arse of
myself in front of people who I like, but on the
internet you can push the "<---"-button and avoid
saying stupid stuff. But I don't like to, somehow. I
just prefer being uncensored or something. I'm sorry
about that, though.

Love, snow, and coughings
Astrid x

Reporter: Spit or swallow?
Craig N: I like all birds. I think the eagle is my
favourite.

Aaaaaaw. That's just too sweet. Hee hee hee.
For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.