Sinister: Hello Sinistereens

Saint Virar stvirar at xxx.com
Sat Feb 15 04:13:50 GMT 2003

Well I was just let out of the nursery a week or so ago and thought I would
try out my new-found privilege of posting to the list.  Am feeling a bit
wary of saying the wrong things - our list mum having successfully instilled
in me a proper sense of theoretic decorum.  I've little experience with
mailing lists and none with list abuse, though from limited experience in
some music-related chatrooms a few years ago I can see the horrific
possibilities.

I've enjoyed reading all the postings of late, and all of you seem to be
thoughtful and articulate folks.  I am somewhat isolated as a fan of B&S,
more than a handful of years away from a bungled foray into higher education
(I was, indeed, happy for many days in 1975), recently hitched and recently
a father.  So it is nice to connect in some way with other people who like
this music.

I've this sort of attraction or resonance with things Scottish, and there is
a reason or basis of this that I may want to share in the future.  And this
basis was anticipated by other small tragedies, like the time I traded
"Thick as a Brick" for something to smoke...

On recommendation from NPR here in the States I bought "The Great Eastern"
and through some sort of online perusal discovered B&S and heard them
courtesy of napster.  And now a fan...

And that's enough for now...

Arin

PS Even as an American I am cannot understand my government's warmongering.
It is truly saddening and sickening.

Be vigilant. Guard the mind against negative thoughts.
- The Buddha