Sinister: These people are excited by their cars

breams jeremy at xxx.uk
Sat Feb 15 20:05:42 GMT 2003

Um, hi...

I went to see the go betweens tonight and as expected they were superb. It
was a balmy evening, as per usual, but that didn't stop us dancing up a very
small amount of storm activity. In fact, our rapturous applause was
sufficient in its volume and longevity to entice them back for 3 encores.
Really, can I ask for anything more of an evening?

There was a guy there dancing and trying to sing along without knowing any
of the words. To my bleary eyes he was a dead ringer for Mr Casarotto, just
10 years older. For most of the time his gawky dancing and open mouthed
bah-bahing made him look like a goldfish on speed (though come to think of
it perhaps a goldfish would've looked a little less awkward).

Actually, these last few days have seen a plethora of gigs in Perth,
although most of you will probably not understand the enormity of there
being a decent gig in this hum-drum town, let alone multiple. We get so few
bands touring here and have such poor talent in the 'local scene' that even
a passable act with something more to offer than
indie-rock-standard-issue-angst-ridden-four-piece material is received like
a godsend. So seeing the go betweens & spoon tonight and idlewild last night
was perhaps more fulfilling than should be expected.

In other news, valentines day happened.

*scowls at the 'happy couple' people*

I hate valentines day. Everyone is so damn chirpy and smug. I think there
should be a day celebrating everyone who's too [insert shortcoming here] to
be in a relationship. Maybe I'm just overly bitter, but there's certainly
something about getting sympathy valentines from friends and family that
smarts a tad. In my next life I'm going to boycott all celebratory days
other than birthdays. No more christmas! No more valentines day! No more
bloody australia day! But I guess I'll just have to make do with going on
festivity alert. Whenever a festive occasion is nearing I'll use my
traditional strategy of total anti-social behaviour. Which usually amounts
to sitting in my room and mentally scowling at the rest of humanity, or
eating far too many sweets and feeling ill for hours. Either way, the end
result is one seriously grumpy bastard.

Anyways, my minute(s) on this virtual soapbox are over. I certainly hope the
next speaker uses their time to greater effect.

Pleasantries and all that.

Jeremy