Sinister: Being Basil

anakin_sky at xxx.net anakin_sky at xxx.net
Sun Feb 16 14:05:29 GMT 2003

but what is this place right for then? obviously loads of people on this
list post about things not related to b&s, and it seems to be okay somehow,
because it never feels like b&s are forgotten. people post about their innermost
feelings, about what's happened in their lives, about travelling, about
tweeness, and all sorts of other things. but never does b&s and music get out of
focus in the daily sinister posting routine. so why shouldn't one write about
war and about one's personal feelings about this war when it is so present
and pressing in people's minds (and it really is just one weekend, the weekend
of the demo, where the war is talked about everywhere, whether it's on
mailing lists about politics or on mailinglists about music)? why is it okay to
read about one person's problems here every day, but not about a million
people's problem for one day? and why isn't it okay to get heated over politics when
the majority in this country (and other countries) is just one mass of
ignorant, consumist, unconcerned dickheads who don't give a shit about politics as
long as it's not about increasing the costs of petrol 1p (when they get very
heated indeed)?
sorry, i don't mean to break any rules or offend anyone.
anne.