Sinister: the secret sign says your mine, call, i'll give you back your dime yeah

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Mon Feb 17 04:32:38 GMT 2003

> apparently a "research seminar" and he uses words like "semiotics" in the
> course description, and I don't even know what that is.

and that's when i wheeled my rolling chair out of the retirement wing. and
said 'semiotics'.
kid, semiotics is THE SHIT!  that shit is the real truth about devolution.
There was this french magazine that said BARTHES IS BACK (in english)
accross the front.
inside there was a picture of the man himself in his junior years sporting a
devilish moustache.
the moustache that cleaved who knows which depths of manhood.
but can the moustache speak?

hi everyone, it's me steve, again.
what's scary shit is when i signed up for sinister again i thought...who the
fuck will i know? they're all probably different people now..and then all
the posts were still about ken chu and i remember everyone from before...

and so, where have i been?
well, after trawling the deepest waters off lisbon for the tasty yet
disgusting hag eel i've been everywhere worthwhile etc. and am now back in
toronto which is a total torontopia! TORONTO RULES! T!O!R!O!N!T!O! and if
you think i'm being naive let me tell you:  i have been to stockholm,
berlin, amsterdam even the elite and trendy magdenburg (they invented the
vaccum...the town council worships a lack, absence is their primary civic
virtue...their city center looks like an amon dull albumcover it's totally
fucked) yeah, it's all about helsinki and toronto.  the two new capitals of
cool.

yeah,
we had a wild ukranian new years party at my house back in january and
everyone had to wear moustaches.  we even sold them at the door and refused
entry to all who came without their own and refused to adopt one...the
moustache...if my shitty asian genes could even generate such a fine face
animal i'd be able to die happy...i think of dieter meier  of yello, the
giant slug that slumbers on his upper lip, signifying his worldly swiss
nature, the twix commercials, the power.  the moustache is completely
polyvalent, it resonates...if the lips are a kind of fold in the face then
the moustache is a kind of topographical abnormality, a genuine possibility
of revolt/deviance realised in hair.  i got so drunk that i fell from the
ceiling onto a post and got kicked out of my own party into the snow...then
more computer keyboards were smashed and i snuck back in and drank more
vodka...

and then yesterday i did the protest thing.  we went as a band and sang and
marched and justin from do make joined and then we did some huggybear songs
and it was all protesty and the snot in my throat froze and my voice got
hoarse and then i collapsed.  the best thing about valentines day was that
it happened just before a massive march.  yeah.  just like dogs that bark
just to bark i love yelling.  nothing suits me more.

and all the v.day angst...sheesh...why even mention it? like kids, please,
is this the smiths email list? shit, the best thing about belle and
sebastian is the unfettered sense of freedom that permits the never ending
naps and cruddy student lifestyle etc. not the crushing whinging about the
same...your nap IS your power, your lack of social skills IS your
grace...the nap is the fold in the time fabric of the standard working day.
therefore YOU = THE MOUSTACHE (when you nap).

is that clear?

is anyone from sinsiter currently in berlin?
i have a desperate favour to ask.
please respond.

xo

s te  ve nn