Sinister: What is it good for?

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Mon Feb 17 11:07:56 GMT 2003

Caity Pig, have you been at the Buckfast again?  Stewpot Mudcock himself
talks of marching.  Look, it’s right here at the top of the News page:
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/home/  I put it to you, then, that
talking about marching on this list is C*O*N*T*E*N*T, innit?  So, anyway,
for the first time since the heady days of the Criminal Justice Act (nee
Bill), I dragged myself out of bed for a spot of protesting.  Well, it was
such a nice day, wasn’t it?  Jim will be pleased to hear that we managed a
sinigroup of five: Nick Dastoor, Paul Field, Sally Moore, Ally Cook and
myself.  There may have been more, but it was hard to spot people you knew
amongst the thousands - half way along we looked up the hill and all we
could see was people, then down the hill and all we could see was people.
I hope Rachel found some company – I didn’t read her email until this
morning.

The previous night, we went to see the lovely Camera Obscura at Hyndland
Church Hall.  I will now attempt a list of people who were there.  I will
inevitably miss somebody so if it’s you, I apologise in advance.  Here
goes: Lily Cook, Miss Sally Moore, Mr Paul Gingerfox, NumNal, Patrick
Municipool, Ms Stacymite, Richard of Beckingham, IdleSecy, Quiff Richard,
Mobile Matt, Starfire Dave, Michael G, Big Stu, Katrina, Sarah D,
Mistopher Chris and Mrs Julia and, of course, the lovely Miss Carey
Lander, who has miraculously transformed from the shy wee thing in this
picture (http://www.missprint.org/sinister/people/CareySmile.html) into
a vixtrel of stunnery in her red pencil skirt, lacy knee-highs and pointy
polka dot shoes, wrinkling her forehead at us from behind her keyboards.
And the King of Partick was magisterial.  Those of you who like some
content to fill out your sinisandwich might be interested to know that the
following members of your favourite band were present:  Sarah, Stuart,
Stevie, Bob and Chris.  Whoops, I just typed Christ by mistake.  The music
was great with lots of new songs and, as far as I know, nobody recording
the loveliness (!!!)  The restriction on the number of people was
ridiculous but gave the thing a feel of exclusivity to those of us on the
inside and there was crazy dancing in the aisles which I think was due to
the Church Hall’s BYO rule, a sure-fire way to drink rather a lot, eh?

In other news, what a surprise to see Steve Kado back!  He remains the
only Sinisterine I have ever dreamt about.

I think this is the namedroppiest post I have ever written.

Juicy Lucy

=====
The one, the only Glasgow Indie List!