Sinister: Being Basil

Das Mädchen mit der Schere. bookworm_trochet at xxx.com
Tue Feb 18 04:10:40 GMT 2003

Not that my opinion really matters, but I'll give it anyway: I'm all right with non-B&S related postings, provided that people aren't being vicious, which is hard to avoid when discussing politics. Passing comments, which can then be turned into debates OUTSIDE of the list, don't strike me as being a problem, but if we're going to have to read long posts about nothing but the war in the future, I'm registering my displeasure now. As Caitlin said, there are plenty of other places for that.

There's always been a wide spectrum of what this list has been used for. B&S related stuff is always wonderful, but a lot of the "irrelevant" stuff is interesting, too. I love to see what else I have in common with the other Sinisters. And as anakin_sky pointed out, the band is never really forgotten. There's just not a lot to talk about right now. When Storytelling came out and Isobel left, the e-mails from this list were a nightmare to stay on top of for nearly two weeks. When something like that happens again, band-related postings will flood our inboxes. I'm not worried.

Well, I've put my two cents in. Before I go, I'll ask a B&S related question to the entire list: What do you suppose the new album will sound like? Yes, I realize no one KNOWS, but make a guess. Personally, I think there will definitely be more Sarah vocals on it and probably more Stevie. I just hope his songs favor "Wandering Alone" as opposed "Chickfactor". The lower he sings, the better he sounds. Stuart, will of course write at least three fabulous songs which will become favorites with all the fans. This is a given. I feel a bit silly even writing it. On the other hand, nothing in life is guaranteed.

-Holly