Sinister: funny horror faces-the story continues

melanie laubach mlaubach at xxx.net
Sat Feb 22 14:02:24 GMT 2003

hey there!

thank you sooo much for being so very nice and writing back to me!
ian and mark, thanks for explaining!

well well well
i did do well indeed.....
when i entered the room, mr hooton (he's ever so sweet, looking a bit
like star wars joda (yoda?)) with a peace sign earring in his right ear
; )  offered me a seat and told me i passed.
i was REALLY surprised. i mean the vocabulary part was like a big fat
quiz show including a lot of guessing. and he said 'oh, you did do well
in the vocabulary part' - i could hardly keep my breath. i told them (a
smart guy from the faculty was sitting by, too) that that's really a
relief and that i thought i had failed miserably. and that i feel like
fainting any minute. especially then, facing the oral part. we all had a
laugh. then we got started and it was just a bit of small talk, he asked
me about my studies and i told them a bit about yiddish in general and a
seminar on descartes i took last term and about gender trouble and
judith butler and, being asked about, my trips to london. and then i
told them about a holiday spent in teignmouth, a small city by the sea
in cornwall, near exeter. and that i was staying with an old (i reakky
said) 'madam' (embarrassing, embarrassing) before i realised what i just
said. then we all had to laugh very much and he told me that i'd better
use the term 'lady'. i said it was a strange holiday, but not that
strange as staying with a madam.....
must have been less than ten minutes, he told me i'd passed and out i
rushed.
phoned people then, keeping on yelling. i was soooo exited.
i made it. i passed! i will never have to worry about english grammar
again! (i'm just kidding...)

spending the rest of the day with HER made the day kind of perfect. we
went outside and took pictures with her lomo camera, we got some helium
balloons and had quite a lot of fun.
well, we've been knowing each other since....november, we are getting on
pretty pretty well. our friendship is growing stronger any day. if only
there wasn't her boyfriend..... that's a problem. but she told me she
finds me very charming and interesting and nice and funny and
intelligent and whitty and good looking and attractive and sexy and
whatsoever and that she's maybe going to fall madly in love with me.
well, that's a perspective, i guess : )

yesterday she and me were moderating (is that the correct term? i mean
we were the moderators...) an anti war concert in the predestrian
precinct in düsseldorf's inner city. nearby the rhine. it was a kind of
sucess, as many people were there and not only the 'usual suspects', but
a lot of 'fresh young' people i've never ever seen before. but it was
cold and i didn't like the music (nu metal, reggae, emo, hip hop and
cossover bands....)
in the evening we went to a party, a good friend of mine ('my' co singer
and guitarist) was celebrating her birthday (30, my godness, she's
thirty. unbelievable. i'm 22 by the way, not that these numbers do
matter in any way).
and then she told me about that dream she had: we were sitting on a
couch and she was feeding me a praline(!) the praline was pink and had
white stripes(!) and then we were kissing(!!!) and looking at each
other. then she woke up.
well, i didn't actually know what to reply. i also can hardly remember
what i did reply in the end, i think i said sth like 'well, it's a shame
you're always waking up at the most thrilling moment' ("but it all fades
into morning when you open your eyes" : )  and then i told her that
she's 'the woman of the evening' ('du bist die frau des abends') and
that's she's extremely gorgeous. and then she kissed me on the cheek,
her boyfriend watching us suspicously from across the room. he's very
jealous. knowing that i go for girls he's always keeping an eye on us.
and whenever we are meeting, he constanly asks her what we've done
afterwards and how it was and he's forever calling her on her mobile
when he knows that she's with me. but she has been turning it off,
lately. : ))))  i think with this kind of 'possession claims' he will
kick himself out sooner or later. and: i'm patient. (got any tips for me
by the way?)

right then, i hope i didn't bore you, thanks for listening and being
there : )
have a nice saturday!

hugs,
melanie