Sinister: It's a Saturday night & I ain't got nobody

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Sat Feb 22 23:11:03 GMT 2003

I just realized that the album I've been listening to non-stop for over a
month has an opening track which is about a man who has rodents in his
apartment but doesn't want to get rid of them because they keep him company
while staying up late at night waiting for his someone to call (which they
never do). Thus, if this post seems downtrodden just be thankful I'm not
writing Hallmark greeting cards or - worse yet - answering sucide hotlines.

I for one would like to thank Big Stu for the summary posts of the
interviews as I quite enjoyed them. Heaven knows that if I had been chosen
you would have gotten no details except for that I spent time with Struan
while he was in the bath. Then if I was forced to divulge anymore it would
only come out in a tuneless rendition of "Rubber Ducky" which is probably
why I wasn't picked. Well, that and I didn't apply.

I said I would only inundate you with boring posts weekly and here I am
harassing y'all a second time this week. I promise it isn't because I'm
bored or anything. The sheer productivity of my days would astound and amaze
anyone. Why I have even been making homemade bread almost daily. Well,
"homemade" meaning using a breadmaker but what did you expect - me to
granulate the sugar? I still have to put the ingredients in IN ORDER and
they have to be at room temperature and everything. It's enough for me to
break out in a sweat just thinking about my hard labor. Of course, if I get
any more domesticated I'll have to start crocheting scripture covers or
something.

I'm writing today because it's a TRADITION for me to write on February 22nd
as it is Miss Ree's birthday - and today is her 25th one at that! I've been
doing it for three years, except for last year I was TRAPPED at a dirty
hippie farm in Massahoweveryouspellit. However, this year I continue with my
wishes for Miss Ree. I usually list all of the reasons why she rocks but we
know those already so that's old hat. Instead, this year I shall believe
I'll send her birthday greetings by presenting her Trading Card which can be
found at: http://www.joannou.net/petullant/ree.php

Wheeee!
Laura

PS - Flannery's birthday is this coming up Friday but I promise this is the
last birthday post for this year - sorry to flood you. For past memorees
see: http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200102/msg00224.html
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200002/msg00337.html
PPS - Good to see sexy Steve Kado AND every cute coffee boy's crush Eric
Brasure posting again - whoot!
PPPS - If you don't have a Sinister Trading Card, it can only mean that I
don't love you.