Sinister: The scars of Beckham healed (tho this e-mail is more about GIGGS)

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Mon Feb 24 00:59:13 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I saw a guy on a tube train with tourettes syndrome the other day and he
kept swearing at people.  Especially when he kept trying to read this other
guy's newspaper, whenever the guy moved tourettes man would should "FUCK
YOU" really loudly.  And also harassing this girl who liked to sit on the
tube train floor, who herself was quite odd indeed for that reason.

Fuck.  Chris Geddes is a man of taste.  He demonstrated this fact when he
provided the A for someone's Q at
http://www.banchory.net/belleandsebastian/qanda.html

------
<Jeremy Quist - California> Q: My roommate and I just bought a couple decks
of your Belle and Sebastian playing cards. We want to play some card games
with them and just wanted to know what some of the bands' favorite card
games are.

<Mick> A: Shithead. That's the name of the game, incidentally.
<Chris> A: Late night poker.

------
Ahh, yes, a fellow late night poker enthusiast.  The next question for Chris
though, should be "Can you explain the dealer button to us?"

Chris Geddes is a man of such good taste that I have decided to go and watch
the band he is in this May, when they'll be playing!  For those who haven't
yet signed up to the B&S news email
list(http://www.banchoryshop.net/belleandsebastian/list/list.asp) here are
some bits that are mentioned on an e-mail from Katrina, and on the B&S
Website News Section...

>From: <shop at xxx.net>
>To: <pykachu100 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Belle & Sebastian support Concern & The Sunday Herald''s Appeal
>for Africa
>Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:11:45 -0000
>
>Belle & Sebastian are to appear in a concert to highlight the current food
>crisis in Africa.
>
>The band were invited to headline the benefit show at the Glasgow Royal
>Concert Hall by the Sunday Herald and Concern who have been working
>together to raise funds and highlight the issues surrounding poverty in
>the developing world.
>
>Stuart Murdoch says "We''re really pleased to be able to help out with
>this initiative. I''m confident that any money we raise will be used 100%
>for the good. It''s maybe not a great time with everyone crapping
>themselves over Iraq. In the case of Ethiopia, though, it''s a relatively
>simple matter.  There''s a lot people who are going to die of starvation
>unless they get help. We are in the privileged position of being able to
>do something about it, however small, so I''m really glad the Sunday
>Herald and Concern asked us to help out."
>
>The Concern Concert for Africa featuring Belle and Sebastian, The
>Delgados, hosted by Karen Dunbar and featuring other very special guests
>will be on Saturday May 17th 2003.
>
>Tickets are be priced at £25.00 and £18.50 (restricted view) and are
>available from 10am on Monday 24th February in person at the GRCH Box
>Office on Sauchiehall Street, or by phoning the Box Office on 0141 353
>8000. Tickets are restricted to 4 tickets per caller only.  There will be
>a credit card fee of 50p per ticket, but no charge for cash or cheque
>payments at the box office.
>
>For more information, please visit:-
>http://www.concern.net and
>http://www.sundayherald.com/

A couple of summers ago B&S played at the Barrelands in Glasgow, it was
really great.  I hope this year it'll be even better!  There was a massive
sinister meetup last time round too... Maybe England vs Scotland
sinisterfitba rematch is in order!  Fucking A.

Ken
P.S.: Here is the above e-mail with paragraphing removed for Kieran
Devaney's reading pleasure...
Hi all, I saw a guy on a tube train with tourettes syndrome the other day
and he kept swearing at people.  Especially when he kept trying to read this
other guy's newspaper, whenever the guy moved tourettes man would should
"FUCK YOU" really loudly.  And also harassing this girl who liked to sit on
the tube train floor, who herself was quite odd indeed for that reason.
Fuck.  Chris Geddes is a man of taste.  He demonstrated this fact when he
provided the A for someone's Q at
http://www.banchory.net/belleandsebastian/qanda.html------<Jeremy Quist -
California> Q: My roommate and I just bought a couple decks of your Belle
and Sebastian playing cards. We want to play some card games with them and
just wanted to know what some of the bands' favorite card games are. <Mick>
A: Shithead. That's the name of the game, incidentally. <Chris> A: Late
[...]
England vs Scotland sinisterfitba rematch is in order! Ken