Sinister: In Be-TWEE-n Days, or something

Paulo Stinsoni paulo_stinsoni at xxx.com
Mon Feb 24 13:15:59 GMT 2003

Twee?

When I was a young(er) man, me and my friends would listen to music branded
as "twee".

They were such wonderful collaborations as "The Field Mice", the beautiful
"Tallulah Gosh" (and "Heavenly" of course), the "Haywains", the "Fat
Tulips", "BMX bandits", (none of those would get through the Pop Idols
process, thank God) oh lots of them, and I can't remember them now, as is
often the case when you try (I suppose if I didn't try to remember, I
wouldn't fail).  Anyway, now I hear all you youngsters throwing the "T" word
about like a comfy old cardigan, and I like it.

When I first heard B&S I was falling asleep in a young lady's room, and as I
listened to "Is it wicked not to care" it was a like falling back in time as
I fell asleep.  All those old fanzines, the Whaaa CD, compilation tapes,
flexis, Sarah records, it all drifted back as I drifted to sleep.

Putting it all together it got me thinking.

How old are all of you out there? (I am 34, can I look down at you all as a
granddaddy of twee?  Probly (I like to misspell that word) not, but I bet
I'm in the upper quartile)

Do you remember the old twee days of the late 80's early 90's?

If you do remember then tell me what you miss, I want to know.

Thanks for listening

Paulo

PS Laura Llew - I haven't got a trading card, am I missing something? (other
than the trading card, and your love)
PPS Yazaar!