Sinister: Let's make a weekend of it

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Mon Feb 24 13:38:59 GMT 2003

Dear Sinisterines

I note with interest that our favourite band have decided to play in
Glasgow on the 17th of May.  The reason for my interest is that the night
before there is a Winchester Club!  This is a good sign.  I predict a
weekend of festivity, fun and, especially, frolics.  May I suggest the
following plan?

Night of Friday 16th May: The Winchester Club with performance from hot
new Elefant band Language of Flowers
Afternoon of Saturday 17th May: First (Scottish) piquenique of the season,
in a park, somewhere in Glasgow
Night of Saturday 17th May: B&S at the Royal Concert Hall
Sunday 18th May: Be hungover
All weekend: Creation of hot gossip!

What do you think?

I feel all excited and bouncy.  I think we should have our picnic
somewhere with a netball court so the girls can wear little skirts and
knee-high socks and airtex shirts and have their hair in bunchies.

Last night, team Sinister won another pub quiz!  We are da brainz.
Unfortunately, first prize was a bottle of voddy, not shareable between
half a dozen or so people so Arik thieved it for himself.  Not really, we
drew lots like civilized people and then cursed Arik for winning.  Pah!
At least I stunned the team with my in-depth knowledge of international
laundry symbols.

Big Stu's reporting back was brill.  The thought of Isobel with permed
hair made me spill my tea.  That's not a euphemism.  I was thinking how
odd it was I don't see her around Glasgow like so many other members of
that band who turn up sporting cravats at the CCA when you least expect
it, but maybe she actually *has* been in the same places as me and I just
couldn't see her for curls.  I wonder if she has opted for the corkscrew
variety of perm.  And if she used an Afro comb to bush it out.  And what
kind of 'product' she used on it.

Whenever Stine says "have a toadie day" I always think of Toadie in
Neighbours.  This isn't particularly pleasant.  If you don't know what I'm
on about, there is a picture of him here:  http://www.neighbours.com/
(he's the one with the beard)  But I'm sure Stine doesn't mean to inflict
this pain on me :)

See you all soon!

Juicy Lucy

=====