Sinister: picnics, anthems, and blog rings

Retro^Sec retrosec at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 24 20:59:38 GMT 2003

Lucy said:

I feel all excited and bouncy.  I think we should have
our picnic
somewhere with a netball court so the girls can wear
little skirts and
knee-high socks and airtex shirts and have their hair
in bunchies.

I wanna know what the boys will wear. I'd suggest they
go in birthday suits, but I don't fancy seeing a lot
of weedy skinny indie boys with shrivelled bits (May
is still practically February). So I shan't suggest
that.

17TH may, is of course, NATIONAL NORWEGIAN DAY! Which
is wonderful. Its to celebrate the day when Norway got
independence, which isn't totally true, cos it was
17th of May 1814, when Norway got independence from
Denmark, but went slap bang into union with Sweden. A
consolation prize for being on the winning side of the
Nepolonic Wars and losing Finland to Russia (Denmark
had backed the wrong horse). But its the date
celebrated anyway.

As I recall the Norwegian parties we held at uni, it
always involved vast quantities of booze, and usually
more booze, and a bit of singing of national anthems,
which I won't indulge you with cos I only know the
first line. Anyway, its about mountains and hills and
mums and dads and how they're all ace in norway, you
know, the usual anthemy shit. My mum can play it on
glockenspiel. Its a real girlie anthem, in terms of
being able to get the right pitch. Talking of Norway,
my mum is watching some film from Norway right now,
and I swear, theres this bloke who looks like a cross
between that dude from Ed TV, the Wedding Planner and
Stuart Murdoch. Prrrr.

Anyway, I shall be there, with or without bells on. My
mum won't, she'll be giggly drunk by 10am and possibly
sitting on the lap of some Norwegian boy student in
his 20s. Every year. Sheesh.

Anyway, Apart from that, I've begun a wee blog webring
for sinister. Its still in the "being built" process,
and you can view my progress at
http://www.geocities.com/retrosec
Its in progress, so hold your horses with the
criticism. Hold your horses with the criticism anyway,
I don't like unsolicited advice. Yes, I am ungrateful
that way. I want to keep it simple, and basic becuase
I can't be bothered for complexities that take forever
to learn and hours to figure out whats wrong with it
if something goes wrong.

Ta

idleberry

=====