Sinister: working is the curse of the drinking classes

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Thu Feb 27 19:30:45 GMT 2003

hi everyone.  stine here.  upon reading caleb ben
moore's post, i couldn't help but agree.
I have been sad about the passing of mr. rogers all
day.  it's funny, even at the age of 25, it still
doesn't occur to me that people are mortal.  there are
certain people who, in their passing, i missed a great
deal.  people whom i have never met.  people who, in
one instance, i never really even listened to.
i remember when joey ramone died.  i was just sick
about it for days.  i was never really a fan of the
ramones, but i wasn't not a fan either.  i think that
they were instrumental, though perhaps not literally,
in creating a path, and in many ways, and ideal, for
the music that many of us listen to now.
i remember listening to an interview with bono, or
bongo if you're dirty vicar.  :o)  anyway.  he was
talking about how amazed he was when he learned that
as joey ramone lay dying in his bed, he requested to
hear the U2 song "In A Little While."  Bono said that
he had never felt more successful at anything, as he
did when he heard that.  that one of his heroes was
thinking of a song he wrote in the final moments of
his life. . Bono then went on to explain that that
song was written as a sort of requieum for a hangover
and after joey ramone's passing, it took on this
beautiful, gospel quality.

weird.

i have been sick again lately.  i don't know why.  i
have been eating what i am supposed to and not eating
what i'm not supposed to.  it's so bloody frustrating.
 i dream of the day when I can comfortably put on
jeans, not having to worry about how swollen my
stomach may be on a given day.  dreaming of the day
when I can wear cute clothes again, instead of the
overalls and adidas warm up's that grace my wardrobe
now.  i wonder if i will ever get this "condition" of
mine under control.  if i have been diagnosed with the
right thing even.  it seems to me that after 3 or 4
months, you should start to feel a little bit better
if you're behaving according to schedule.  grr.

i have also been plagued with something else.  well,
plagued is probably a scoach too dramatic a word.  i
have a week off in a couple of weeks.  i was going to
go to dallas, but i don't think i am going to anymore.
 i was thinking of going to minnesota to visit family
for a few days, but i don't know that i want to do
that either.  i would love to go back to
england/ireland, unfortunately that is just not an
option right now.
i need to get away from here though.  i need to get
away from my life for awhile.  to go somewhere where i
don't have $20,000 in medical bills.  somewhere where
i don't have to deal with my family constantly asking
"How are you doing?"  I know they mean well, some of
them anyway, i'm just tired of it.  let's see.  in the
past 9 months i have a) been in and out of hospitals
b) been sick for the better part if that time c)
gotten into so much trouble with money that I doubt my
life will ever be better and d) lost my father...on
christmas of all days.  I'm doing swell.  couldn't be
better.  jaysus.

sorry bout that.  my family is driving me nuts though.
 if any of you would be interested in a trade you can
reach me at 555-9532.  :o)

ah well.  onto bigger and better things.  much love to
all of you.  i'm so glad that you're my neighbours.
:o)

in the words of oscar wilde....."in a little while,
surely you'll be mine.  in a little while i'll be
there.  in a little while, this hurt will hurt no
more."

~stine

"i can resist everything except temptation."