Sinister: 364 days to go.

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Jan 1 13:24:23 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister.

Happy new year. It struck me, shortly after midnight, that I never got
around to posting my list of favourite records of 2002. I shan't bother now
- I feel I've somewhat missed the boat - but I will say that I did like the
Lambchop, DJ Shadow and Low records, among others.

New year always has a strange air to it, I feel. There's an "enforced fun"
element where you have to, regardless of your mood, party. Heck! It's new
year's eve! The beginning of a new year! Let's celebrate! I have no real
problem with enforced fun, though, as long as its mandatory nature doesn't
take away the fun.

I was going to have a party at my house, but then that didn't happen, so
instead a few of us did went down into the centre of town to watch Big Ben
click round from 11:59. I'd never done that before, and it was quite
strange; there was so much noise and bustle that you didn't even hear the
bells chime. That was perhaps the biggest anti-climax of the lot.

It was still an interesting experience though. <<Asm raises a virtual pint>>
Here's to all those new resolutions, already broken.

love

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but
      he certainly has a good vocabulary"