Sinister: Leslie Ash, one line replies etc

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Tue Jan 7 23:37:04 GMT 2003

Leslie Ash and her restaurant (v. nice, Teatro) owning Husband, the ex Leeds
United (booo)footballer Lee Chapman, live a stone's throw from my house.
Right now I could hit their 4x4 range rover with a projectile launched by
mine fair hand from my (snow covered) roof.
But I won't as it will constitute criminal damage and as my roof isn't flat
it will probably constitute a lengthy stay in St Georges A&E.

I was going to write a one-line reply as that seems to be the trend these
days. But fuck trends. I'm going to actually give some Goddamned content. Or
at the very least some padding.

It's coming up to my 5 1/2th birthday on Sinister. That's a shedload of
emails that have winged their merry way into various email accounts of mine.
I can recall about 10 of them. Mostly from the Duke Of Harringay and one
from a guy called Iain. But I like having things to read so (almost) all are
welcome

B&S content (*Shock*): Are they as good as they used to be? Possibly not but
neither are (deep breath): manchester united's defence, the Independent,
HIGNFY, Eastenders, politics, my handwriting, Julie Burchill, my levels of
tolerence for fellow men (and women), the London Underground ETC. And all of
the above are still really good (ish).
And none of the rest got invited to John Peel's studio for a party. So
there. I thought it was great.

I heard a great john peel story regarding his daughter once but that can
wait for another post. In about a year's time or so.

There were some posts about Sigur Ros. Irrelevant, but I blame B&S. If only
they toured and recorded constantly like mice on speed we could talk about
their 18th album (a live greatest hits a la Lionel Richie's latest natch)
rather than other bands. yes, Murdoch is responsible for Tangent Boulevard
and Unneccesary Avenue (which is where i found my leslie ash bit).

I've used parantheses a lot in this post I realise. I've also decided this
year should be the year of the pop revival so out go obscurists like the
Pastels and in come:
Sugababes (especially Overload and Round Round)
E17's Stay Another Day
and Fleetwood Mac.

p.

p.s. if you buy one book this year, buy This Is Uncool. It's a book about
the 500 greatest singles since Punk and Disco (1976) and has lovely mini
essays on each one wriiten by gary Mullholland who loves his music. There is
also beautiful cover art. £17.99 from HMV, Virgin, Borders etc and no, I am
not on commission.