Sinister: remember me?

Feather Boa feather_boa at xxx.com
Thu Jan 9 11:25:27 GMT 2003

dear sinister
it seems that i haven't posted since, er, august, which is pretty pants
really.   i was beginning to wonder if i had sinster-poster's-block.
so in an attempt to overcome this i shall jump right back on the
metaphorical horse.  it's not that i haven't been involved with the list
though - i'm on the recipes list (*yay* for terry underwear) and i took part
in the present exchange (*double yay* for laura and maddie), but (and i
think this is prolly stopping a few people from posting more often) i
started a blog in august, and that takes up quite a lot of my creative
energy.  anyway.

at the end of last term, york sinisterines had a pubnic, well it started
off as a pubnic at lendal cellars but then we went to el piano (a very
nice cafe type place) and drank hot chocolate and there was a guitar that
asm could play, so we had a very nice signalong to the surprise and delight
of the other customers.  there were about 7 people in attendance which isn't
bad really, considering how crap and small york is. also since then i have
inducted someone else to the cult. hello chris f (and also possibly milena,
but i'm not sure if she actually joined).

also, over the holidays, me and stuart h went to how does it feel to be
loved, which was brilliant, and not just because of the presence of
struan. we saw a lot of people we'd met over the summer, and even managed to
remember some of them (but i was very drunk for most of the summer y'know,
so i'm sorry if i didn't).

i spent new years in a club with what promised to be a snow machine.  sure
enough at midnight, what looked like snow started falling from the ceiling.
it was exciting for about 10 minutes when i realised that the "snow" was
actually polystyrene balls. which gradually found their way into my shoes,
my handbag and my bra.  grrrrrrr.

what else? i was asked to review an album by a band called the mountain
goats, who i hadn't heard of before.  but it turns out tony doogan
produced it, and it's pretty good, i think it might sound like low, but all
i've ever heard by them is the christmas song on the jeepster christmas
album, so i'm not really sure, i'll prolly play it to my housemate who knows
about that sort of thing and see what he says.

and finally, if you have any link to york, if you want to, please join the
ysm mailing list (address at the bottom here), and then maybe we'll get some
posting(!), 'cos at the moment it's a leetle bit quiet.

pip pip
FB
ps, thanks for the parcel grainne, i especially like the socks. everyone
always takes the piss out of me for wearing socks
in bed, but my feet get cold. especially in the frozen north.

massive.  innit