Sinister: Public Display of Affection

CJ Field cjf111 at xxx.uk
Sat Jan 11 16:56:05 GMT 2003

Hello fellow Sinisterines! (I feel a well of emotion over me just by
lumping myself in with this crowd of virtual mad-cappers!)

Well, its been long enough, but I feel nows the time to drop the act of
the imposter and reveal the real person that is me for the first time
since I was let out of the nursery some months ago. It really is down to
Feather Boa, in fact, for giving an honourary 'word-up' to me, yes,
Chris F. That's me. I am part of the all-pervading York Sinister
Massive, but perhaps 'part' is the wrong word. I would certainly like to
identify myself with what I would like to call uber-friendly underground
beatniks but as yet I have not had the depth of my convictions to stand
up in a dull Stats lecture and say "Yes, that's me with
3...6...9....seconds of light in my cd player- So sue me!" I don't know
why I havent done this yet, it would certainly brighten up the dullness
of the little foreign man's warblings at the front of room A/TB/056.

Maybe the reason I have not fully embraced the YSM is the suffocating
malaise I feel sometimes in my current university abode. See, in a
Patrick Bateman American Psycho kind of way, I feel like screaming at my
corridor mates, some of whom make me want to drill nails into my
fingertips [at the best of times]. Their most heinous crime is that they
play 'Sting's Greatest Hits' forever in the day, which, if not an
oxymoron in itself, does in fact make me want to move to New York after
I have heard the soporofic chorus of 'Woah-oah I'm an Englishman in New
Yo...ZzzzZzzzZzzZz' for the seventy-third time in one rainy Januray
afternoon.

Added to this is the fear I have of where to live next year, and with
whom? It really is a sixty four million dollar question, the question
being "Oh God, do I have to embarrass myself again by asking someone if
they would maybe consider thinking about thinking about living with
someone like me next year?" And please, no more Sting!

I would also like to share with you that thanks to sinister I have
discovered two musical gems, the first being Interpol - 'PDA' and the
second being Mum- (how does one pronounce that, again? Moom?)'We have a
map of the piano' I like to think of both as being calming antidotes to
the tales of monsieur Sting.

Well, on that happy note, farewell sinsiterines, and thanks once again.
I believe its now customary to write some pithy signature by someone
like...ooh...i dunno....Traci Lords...or not, so I am gonna have my cake
and put two down.

Hugs and Fishes,

Christoph F, le

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy,
throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how
stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade
at them."

"If you're a young Mafia gangster out on your first date, I bet it's
real embarrassing if someone tries to kill you."

Jack Handy (Deep Thoughts)