Sinister: 2003 doesn't suck... please...

Francisco López noticias at xxx.com
Wed Jan 15 02:02:35 GMT 2003

2002 was, to me, some kind of living hell. Argentina fall into a big
economic and social depression, very similar to the one we lived on 89 (i
was only 4, but somehow i still remember). The half of the country was
cosidered under de line of poorty. You can see people, at the street,
wondering thru trash, trying to find something to eat. And it's a lot of
people. Lots of kids dying because of nutrition problems and the feeling
that you can't do anything to stop it.
On the other hand, there's the goverment. Do you remember the talking head's
son "don't worry about the goverment"?. Well, we can't. 20 of December 2001,
really early in the morning, masses of people got together and asked for
food at the doors of big (foreing) super market chains. They refused to
give. People got nervous. Things got violent. De la Rua, president at the
time, who actually never did nothing, saw a problem on those "violent
thieves". Somehow, he thougt it was a good idea to give fully power to the
police. It was illegal to have reuniones after 8 pm. People thought it
wasn't such a great idea. Somehow, people got together, infront doors of
goverment ofice, shouting and demanding that they leave, all of them. After
some violent crushing between policeman and poeple (wich included gun
shooting from the police and and all kind of abuse), the president leaved.
We all thoght that was a good thing. It was a sign. We had the power. Things
will change. Well, things didn't. Somehow, a narco man that had some past on
plitics got to be president (a non-elected one, of course). Just for a
while, untill elections. It's been over a year now, and there were no
elections, more and more people dyes just because they don't have anything
to eat, and nothing have changed...

On a personal level, 2002 sucked too. At school, i found my self on a room
fulled of "pears" that i really don't like. I grounded myself, more and
more, into this guy with no social skills. I dislike people, they dislike
me. And i know that's pure social inhibition, but somehow, i can't get out
of my weird books and my belle and sebastian records. I kept on being the
"weird guy". I kept on making the same stupid things to push people away
from me...

So, this year, i came to a conclution. 2003 won't suck. I keep on repeating
that, once and again. I know it's stupid to think that this year will be
better than the other just because i say so. But i have to belive it. I have
to let my self to it. To belive...

Anyway, i don't know why i'm writing this, i just needed it, so sorry for
all of this off-topic that no one cares about...

Positive hugs to all of you,
Silly Fran

PS: Some people replyed to my first message, and i replyed to them, but i'm
not so sure that those mails got sended correctly, and they are losted...
sorry...
PPS: I promess the next message i'll post will be a good-happy-positive
one... And it will talk, actually, about belle and sebastian...