Sinister: My mum is cooler than me!

Jennifer Knutsson jk151 at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 20 11:46:10 GMT 2003

Hi gang
Just a brief one today...
Kevin Hyde said <<The only other interpretation I could think of would
be "twee as fuck" means like "twee as sex". But unless your lovemaking
regularly involves elements from the Hello Kitty catalogue, I don't
think that's very accurate.>>

Well... You wouldn't think so. However, after a recent trip to Japan I
brought back various bits of Hello kitty merchandise (pasta, tissues,
bags of sugar etc) to impress my friends (oh how shallow I really am).
Everyone seemed pleased apart from one girl who told me that she had
gone right off Hello Kitty after spotting an official Hello Kitty
vibrator in a shop in Brighton. I guess some people really are just
twee-er than others!

In other news, my mum was driving me back to uni yesterday and she put a
cd on that a collegue had made for her. She was telling me her thoughts
about various songs (The Jam are "too shouty" apparently) when boy with
the arab strap came on. I was expecting a tirade of abuse, so imagine my
surprise when she asked if they had any albums she could buy! Which
would you recommend as a first b+s album? I got sinister first but then
for me nothing else has ever bettered it, so I'm always slightly
disappointed. But if I advised on one of the inferior* albums and she
didn't think it was up to scratch, she might just give up on the whole
thing. Quel dilemma!

Be good
Jen

*obviously they are still tops compared to most jingly pop around