Sinister: montreal

Joanne Hill jlhill81 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 21 00:45:59 GMT 2003

I think Boy With the Arab Strap would be a good album to buy for a cool mum,
since she likes the eponymously named single and will therefore have a
starting point, a point of reference. The first B&S songs I knowingly heard
(because I must have heard others before, but hadn't known who they were by,
or really listened very hard) were probably Women's Realm and The Model,
which I fell in love with and I've rated Fold Your Hands Child above all the
others, and above every cd I own, ever since. I expect very few of you
agree. I feel very comfortable with that album, its like comfort food, cept
its a comfort cd, put it on when feeling lonely and be able to snuggle up
with the songs, you feel at home and relaxed. Something that feels very
familiar. Fold Your Hands Child is my comfort cd. I probably have others too
but can't think of any. My boyfriend has just said his comfort cds are
anything by Lambchop and 'Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme', Simon and
Garfunkel. I don't agree with him. They would be my torture cds,
anti-comfort.

The main reason for my post is - I'm traveling up to Montreal in a few weeks
for about 5 days and I wondered if any helpful people could give me advice
on where to go. Cool bars and stuff like that. Thank you!

Joanne xx