Sinister: donkey kong, rabbie burns, delgados, panto

Smith Kelly DCD Kelly.M.Smith at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 23 17:56:36 GMT 2003

Well hello sinister,

It's been a while.  I didn't go away.  I've just been skulking about in the background.  But now I have a Job In An Office, which equates to almost limitless time to mess around with email.  Yippee.

Just read Ken's post about Hong Kong, and it somehow made me think of,,, DONKEY KONG!   As in the little handheld computer game from the eighties that made me late for work this morning (I was playing it in bed instead of getting ready).  I recently re-discovered it while going through a load of my stuff at my parents house.  In a fit of nostalgia, I bought batteries for it (£5.99 - each!) Since then I've been playing it non-stop.  Getting the little monkey to run along dodging the crocodiles is so much fun.  It is rather repetitive, but I think that just makes it all the more addictive.

Hope everybody remembers to listen to John Peel's Burns' night show tonight.  B+S, Ballboy *and* the Delgados.  It's bound to be good.  On a related note, who fancies going to see the Delgados in london on 31st January?  I haven't actually got a ticket yet (because I don't want to go on my own) but I think there are still some left.

Kelly x

ps.  Whatever happened to part 2 of Idleberry's panto?