Sinister: I would protect you from beasts

Today I am hungover but cuddly as a bunny anyway languagecreep at xxx.com
Fri Jan 24 13:49:01 GMT 2003

Good morning darlings,

I hope you all slept well.  Last night I had the good fortune to bump into
my friend Kate who invited me for vodka drinks, the effects of which I am
still feeling.  In a good way though.  Whenever I have been drinking the
night before I rarely sleep past eight the next morning.  So I'm sitting
here with some pretty astounding bedhead and finally getting around to
writing to you all.

I've been back at school for two weeks now, after having gone to California,
and then to Iceland.  The California trip was with my family, meaning my
brother and I had a great time goofing off and my mother ruined it by being
miserable and trying to make the trip a Wholesome Family Vacation.  Not only
that but she gave me crap about drinking too much soda.  Yet, I did get a
picture of myself taken caressing Wayne Newton's star on the walk of fame
(which we had to park in front of a porn shop to get to) so I guess I won
out in the end.

Iceland was amazing.  I partied with Russian in Reykjavik on New Year's Eve.
  The Russians were fantastic.  They shared with us what they had, bought us
pizza, drove us to the mountains and the blue lagoon, and hardly even tried
to woo us.  On the whole the trip was lovely and astounding.  Unfortunately
it was marred by my supposed best friend doing something mindnumbingly crap
to me at the end of it.  We still need to have a talk.

We did bump into sigur ros in Keflavik on the way home.  They were all
smiley and polite.  I want to take them home and cook them a good meal.

On a vaguely content related note, I have been taking belle and sebastian
for walks with me.  It's been very solitary lately with the butt-biting cold
we've been having, but I like it all the same.  I love to walk around campus
listening to music, singing along ever so softly.  I love to disappear into
the trees and buildings and people who don't know me.  Belle and sebastian
is good for that because it makes me smile, and when I'm walking amongst
people who don't know me I try to smile at them, in the hopes that I can
make a stranger smile.

Now that you've scrolled and skimmed I'll do my usual begging for some kind
of Boston meet up.  I realize that the aforementioned butt-biting cold makes
picnics a lot less fun, so maybe we could go to the aquarium, or museum of
science, or sushi and karaoke.  I'll even be in charge if you want.  Email
me, call me (picnic) mommy, and I'll lift a car to save your life (because
mothers can do that when their young are endangered)

Love and fireworks,
Kara

www2.bc.edu/~brielman