Sinister: Make it so...

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sat Jan 25 00:15:15 GMT 2003

Despite my attempts to unsubscribe with this email
addy, it seems sinister is having none of it.

So let that be a message of fate, divine intervention,
or whatever.

I've not posted for a while, and I felt inclined. I,
like so many have already mentioned (featherboa and
Mark Casarotto spring readily to mind, like Zebadee in
the Magic Roundabout) have been devoting my ego to the
massagings of a blog. Initially, I thought blogs were
a waste of space and time. I remember reading in some
HTML for Dummies book, that really, content was always
important. It mentioned something about diaries, and
how only really, your mum would want to read about how
crap you felt cos you had a cold, etc. That was
offputting.

Then I decided I wanted to be one of those who could
gratiously go on about themselves for days on end, and
have people read it. As someone who can go on about
herself for days on end, it seemed the perfect medium
in which to conduct my self-centred written
ego-wanking, and enjoy the idea of it being watched by
tens of people.

So it came to be. I have a blog. I write on it.

And now, what use does sinister serve me? It states
firmly, in the Rules That Must Be Obeyed, something
about not writing dear diary style entries. Of course,
I ignored that, and did it anyway.

Now I have a diary/ blog in which I can do these
things purposefully.

So by the time it gets to sinister, I'm all me-me-me'd
out.

It doesn't mean I don't read sinister. Oh, I do, I do.
I read it during my lunch break. And with two email
addys receiving it (I tried to get this one stopped -
it didn't happen. I can't be arsed unsubscribing
again, and I dunno which one I don't want getting your
posts)I hve ample chance to read.

I also play a sad game of matching up stats random
phrases from #sinister.

http://honey.crockery.org/auntwendy/stats.html

Me and another sinisterian do this via email. Each
quote, for those of you who don't know, is random. We
make up little conversations, matching random quotes
that could work together. Below are examples.

 hobnob   "i just want to ogle nicole kidman's weird
fake nose"
kirsten   "her nose looks like it's caved in"
ree   "and in interviews she's dumb as rocks"

GayJay   "I want to be a fundamentalist Televangelist
sometimes."
Pythia  "believe me, it's too cold."

millkmaid   "i wish i could suddenly kiss boys"
worktails   "feel free to start tying me to the
furniture too... ;-)"

retro^sec   "are you planning any gigs soon?"
municipal  "aye, Sunderland (wherever that is)"

RealOuch  "i have to fork out £700 on the 31st"
phatlip  "for stainless steel, it's pretty fucking
pricey"

Its a sad game, but what else am I meant to do in my
lunch, after I've read my horoscope and the letters
page in the Metro, and scowered the bbc website for
anything interesting, eaten my sandwiches, sipped my
diet coke*, eaten my apple and checked the b+s site
for new diary entries and read some of the latest
sinster posts? I've got an age-long half hour to kill,
after all.

I didn't hear the B+S song on the John Peel thing last
night. Forgive me mummy, for I have sinned. I was out
drinking instead.

There was a photo in the Sunday Times last week, of
protesters at Loch Long. It seemed to coincide with a
certain diary of a certain pop-star in a certain band
that a certain mailing list is sort of about.

Ok.

Enough. I'm just getting back into the swing of
posting now, and I need to take it easy til I'm up o
speed on postability.

Love

idles

* occasionally its full-fat coke, when I've got PMT,
need a sugar boost, or am having a shitty day at work.

ps. blog is
http://www.retrosec.blogspot.com
end of advert and list abuse.

=====