Sinister: somebody i've never met but in a way i know...

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Sat Jan 25 19:15:57 GMT 2003

Hello everyone,

So it seems I missed belle and sebastian on John Peel the other night.
Perhaps i'll hear it someday.  I heard the christmas show, but I still
haven't heard the peel session previous to that.  If anyone knows where I
can get it...

The Christmas Peel Session was fantastic though, wasn't it?  I certainly
loved it.

I woke up at around 3 pm today.  I'm in one of those crap moods.  I have
nothing to do tonight really, so it's a Saturday night inside.  Those are
always so depressing.  I was thinking that when I decided to finally check
belle and sebastian's website to find, lo and behold, Mr. Murdoch
(yessssss??? where is heeee???) wrote something along those lines in his new
diary entry.  I quite enjoy his diary (is it called a blog?).  Much more
than most blogs I've read.

I started a Clash Diaryring last year out of boredom, and everyone who has
joined has been a whiny bucket of annoying.  Terrible blogs about how
depressed they are, how much they just LOVE MAYNARD and/or Trent.  Those
poor white suburban American teenagers.  Their parents just don't understand
them.  Now my blog is often no joy ride, but I like to think I have some
moments of sheer happiness.  Nothing as such on these.  It's as though the
youth of blogging America are trying to outdo the others with problems and
depression, as though it's some sort of street cred.  Of course, I know
first hand these people, and I can't stand them really.  And I feel sorry
for them.  How can you not feel sorry for a strict Christian who is also a
pregnant, 18 year old "Wicca" who also happens to be a lesbian with a male
fiancee in New York.  And cocaine is in that equation somewhere.*  With a
life as rough as that...

I think people should just lighten up.  Putting on the clash or a nice belle
and sebastian record (which i don't have very many of as they are in
storage, should I rebuy them?).  OR!  Put on Big Audio Dynamite's "Super
Hits" (Best 3 pounds I've spent in a while) and listen to that force of
nature that is the opening drum beats of "E=MC2".

Of course, the downside to listening to that right now is I'm excited and
full of energy.  It'll be a while yet before I'll feel the need to sleep,
and I don't much like sleeping these days anyway.  I'd love to go dancing or
just sit in a pub or whatever, but my fate is sealed.  It's going to be a La
Dolce Vita night.

-Sightsee MC! Matt.

*Not to say that's a real person...