Sinister: elvis has not left the building

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 28 16:16:21 GMT 2003

"Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could have
Little things I should've said and done, I never took the time
But you were always on my mind
You were always on my mind"

Which is by way of acknowledging that I haven't posted for a while.  It
seems inordinately vain to apologise for such a thing though; I prefer
to assume that you're all going about your business quite happily rather
than tearing out your hair and weeping at my absence.

"Don't cry for me Sinister
The truth is I never left you"

And I didn't.  I just haven't been vocal.  There would never be any
question of one of those 'I'm leaving, suckas' posts from me, because I
can't do without you :)

I am, I admit, a blogging type these days and there is lots of the usual
drivel, unbounded by any considerate nods to 'content' or 'mass appeal'
at http://archel.blogspot.com.  I don't use ANYTHING as a 'dear diary'
forum though, partly because I'm now ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED and I
wouldn't want hubby stumbling on dirty secrets.  Not that I have any
(that's the other reason).

But, just to prove that getting married doesn't mean I'm going to become
a reclusive housewife, I'm going to have a BRIGHTON PICNIC!  I'm toying
with *Saturday 22nd February* as a possible date, but don't take my word
for it.  Expressions of interest/promises of cakes and booze will be
greatly appreciated at this early stage.

And lastly, a plug for my webzine.  It's been all redesigned and made
user-friendly and lovely, and I'm quite excited because I got to use
some of my own html skeez this time.  But I can't put the new version up
until it has some brand new CONTENT to match the face lift.  So, if you
have any poetry, short fiction or reviews of ANYTHING, send them to
submissions at buzzwords.ndo.co.uk.  That would be grand.

Love, Archel xxx