Sinister: Oh the snot has caked upon my pants

Madeleine McNeil mmcneil79 at xxx.com
Wed Jan 29 10:49:02 GMT 2003

Laurel Lemming's Subject: Twee Stroke.

Mark C and Archel to thread!

I still love you Sinister, even though I keep flirting with other people and
not giving you enough attention. Most evenings I have a headache, but
sometimes I just want to be alone. And then there's the times that I have to
read long essays for school. Not just read them, but UNDERSTAND them and
write responses. That means I can't cheat and pretend, which is my normal
style of learning.

This week, I went to see LOVE with Arthur Lee and it was one of the
toppermost gigs I've been to. I think there's still a few UK dates left of
the tour and I must urge you to seek them out. They played the whole of the
Foreverchanges album (that Lawrence Mikkleson sent me ages ago when I was a
Sinister spring chicken), complete with strings and brass. Hearing them play
Alone Again Or sent wonderful shivers all up and down.

Then Arthur Lee played some of his new material (which, according to a
recent interview with NME, he thinks is the best stuff he's ever written)
and holy crap! but it was hilariously bad. The band were smirking. The
lyrics went something like this:

Bye bye America
Bye Bye Bye
You made me love you
But you made me cry

I went to Scotland
I couldn't refuse
I went to Scotland
I couldn't refuse

(instrumental break: sounds like some Scottish Highland Fling type thing
played by trombone and trumpets)

Bye bye America....

Awful awful awful. But still, a wondeful night.

Archel's proposing a picnic, is she? I can't go but FINE, see if I care! I'm
going to Liverpool for a dirty weekend with a hott lecturer (trans: there's
a conference and my lecturer will be there and she will bother me about my
dissertation, sigh when I disappoint her once again, tell me to work harder,
then we will both leave alone).

But please, go in my place. Drink my pints of lager. Laugh at Mark C falling
in the sea for me. Fall over on Archel's head in my place. Ben Apps won't be
attending, I imagine, so find another boy to cover in Urban Decay
glitter-tastic make up.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for doing their thing in the Christmas Exchange.
Special thanks to Featherboa and Dirty Vicar for my presents. And thank you
to GayJay for my special gift. It's beautiful.

Love

Madeleine