Sinister: Problems And Dilemmas Of An Indiekid.

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Thu Jan 30 08:55:29 GMT 2003

Hey Sinisterians,

Hope you're alright. I am. Sort of. Just very, very
hungry, hadn't have any proper breakfast.

When you're an indiekid, and I have to admit that I
actually am one, having purchased new converse chuck
taylor's only a week ago. Yesterday, I scored pretty
high on the indiekid-fashion-scale: Jeans, black velvet
jacket, home-made t-shirt with a print saying the
libertines, and of course, my new shoes. Today, not
quite as indie. Red nail polish and homemade bracelets
sure, but just a striped top and a sort of track suit
top on. Hmmm. have to improve wardrobe.

My new English teacher is the best teacher I've ever
had, I think. He's really cool. He drinks water out of
a glass jar, and eat this weird porrage rightout of the
package because he never have time to eat properly on
the days when we have him. He's cool and arty. I really
do like him.

My "new" school, is full of one thing that keeps
confusing me. Gorgeous men. And I'm not talking about
the students here. I don't know why but there are like
five or six really goodlooking men that teach here. Do
you know how hard it is not getting crushes on all of
them? Right. So I just have a crush on one of them, and
flirt with the others.

Man, I AM sick. But I'm a bit bored, a girl has to do
SOMETHING! Stop looking at me accusingly..!

ANYWAY.

I've been in a musicvideo since the last time I was
around here. It was a Swedish band called The Sounds,
they're really big here. We got to dance in front of a
camera for about six hours in a very small, crowded
boiling hot room. it was great fun though, and I didn't
do anything TOO embarrassing that showed in the video.
The guy directing it was really funny.

After we all danced the first time, we were all sort of
nervous so everyone just jumped. The director comes out.
"Ok guys, that looked good. just.. try not to look as
dead fishes. ok?"

www.vertigo.dot.nu, my page under construction. Only
the first three things are finished though. But still.
There are some pics there of me. Er.... if anyone cares.

it's fun going to an English school. I really like
calling people Mr and Mrs and Ms. It's so... ah...
non-Swedish. In my old school we were so incredibly
rude to the poor old teachers. It was like "OI! Help me
now Janne! NOW!" here it's more "Um, excuse me Mr Theo,
could you please help me?". It's so nice going all
somewhere where people are polite.

The funniest thing might be the principal, Mrs
Bergström. She walks around saying "HELLOOOOO
LADIIIIIES!" and if you're not looking like you might
die out of stress she goes "You look RELAAAAXED" and
then one of her weird smiles.

Hmmmm.

Anyway, won't take up more of your time now.
Ahhh, It's good to be back.
Someone has to make sure that the list is full of
useless rambling. and that person is me!

Take care darlinkos,
Love and stars
Astrid X

P.S. Indiekidproblem: Indiegirls are supposed to only
like pale indieboys. But what happens when indiegirl
starts fancying very hunky p.e-teacher instead of pale
scrawny indieboy? CONFUSION my dears. Ah. Problem #2 is
that he heard me calling him "So fucking sexy that I
just wanna jump him or something". Highly embarrassing.
Sigh. Byebye now.

Who would you rather be - Ted Danson or Kevin Costner?

Fab: Who the fuck is Ted Dancer?

Ted Danson.

Fab: Oh, Danson.

Nick: I think Ted Danson wears a toupee.
For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.