No subject

Kimberly Girton kimgirton at xxx.com
Tue Jul 1 18:07:30 BST 2003

I wonder if it's a compromise of security that most of my internet passwords
are various amalgams of phrases I think I've heard in "A Century of
Elvis..."  Though I think they would be nearly impossible to for a hacker to
deduce, as I have heard almost complete nonsense across the board in that
song (until, of course, I found the lyrics, as one is wont to do when they
look for things like lyrics to a song).

A LURKER POSTING
... Which is a lot like A Summer Wasting, only without the Summer and the
Wasting parts, but more with the lurker and the posting instead.  Hello,
regular posters.  I tend to not be one of you.  But I am noticing two things
(I say as if I think others have no noticed, but to think that would be to
prove myself an idiot):  #1.  There are a lot of new posters on here.  And
#2.  Where is everyone on the eastern U.S. coast who is NOT in New York?
Not to exclude the New England crowd, but we already know where you are and
you get to have picknicks.  Those extra K's look absolutely ridiculous.

I WANT PICNICS INSTEAD OF EXTRA Ks
Not to break the train of thought from the last paragraph (but aren't these
so much more fun to read when they're broken apart, like when Mom used to
cut your hot dog so you could eat it with your fingers?)... but here's the
thing about me and this post -- It is a cry for help.  Not the 12-step kind
or even the 3-step kind or even the
screw-it-and-pick-up-another-bottle-of-Southern-Comfort kind of help, but
the "If you are a Sinisteree on the Mid-Atlantic Seaboard of the U.S., put
your hands in the air and wave 'em like you just don't care" kind of help.
But without the waving of the hands and more of the
typing-a-post-to-Sinister.

LOOK, ANOTHER POINTLESS SUBHEADER
Basically, I'm in the DC/Baltimore Metro area and with this whole
get-together craze sweeping the list in places like Elsewhere-But-Here, I
feel left out of the fun.  And since I am not one to invite myself to
far-away places not because of antisocial tendencies but more because I have
no money, then I'm going to have to create the fun here.  Anyone else
interested?  Feel free to respond with gathering locale suggestions or just
a response to my call for a head count; if you want to email me directly, go
right ahead, but please include "Sinister" in the subject line or I'll
delete you immediately (nothing personal, of course, but those pesky porn
emails are really beginning to chafe...).  Well that was a poor choice of
words...

IN THE GRAND TRADITION OF A CENTURY OF LURKERS
... And back I go to the lurking.  I've been doing it for nearly three years
here... feels like home.  :) Thanks for letting me ramble a bit.  Also...
more thanks.

~ Kim