Sinister: We're gonna rock at the government centre

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Fri Jul 4 12:16:16 BST 2003

One.

The week has been spent nursing sore feet and a sunburt nose - the only bad
things to come from camping in a field in Pilton for a weekend. Everything
else about Glastonbury was simply perfect, even the toilets, which were a
strangely liberating experience. My best moments included the Flaming Lips
concert, seeing the Furries instead of Radiohead, where we had a fight with
a man dressed as a dalmation dog, singing songs with the pesky fire wardens,
and a whole host of experiences that can only be described as spiritual -
none of which involved hippies or stone circles. The best thing, though, was
all the people I knew there, including lots of YOU. Steve, Amy, Mark, Ian,
Ian, Rener, Sarah, Lixi, and lots of others I'm sure. It was lovely to see
you all, even though I seemed to lose people more often than I met them.

The festival beard came off this morning, although I was hoping to keep it
as a souvenir. I had to look my best for a meeting about a possible TV
appearance on a new show called Innovation Nation. I'm trying to get a part
as the man who turns the handle on our official stamping machine. Oh the
excitement!! Recently, I've been arriving in the office to find that
someone's changed the letters on the nameplate next to my door, a la Fawlty
Towers. The other week I came in to find that I was called Bison Trout, and
today I am Robot Unit. It's all very mysterious. I've been trying to work
out who the culprit is for ages, so I can make a citizen's arrest. I *am* a
fire warden, you know.

R x