Sinister: Mario Party 3. Three times the Party. Zero times the hassle.

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Sun Jul 6 04:09:03 BST 2003

I'm going to enter the GREAT DRYER DEBATE '03 (print the legend) by voicing
my deepest admiration for dyers.  Fantastic machines they are, and now that
I live without one, I can fully appreciate the gentle hum of wrinkle-free
clothes.  I figured it would be something like a dishwasher, which i live
fine without (especially since women will do it for me.  they love it!).

I enjoyed Jay Eckard's description of late night drives in the South.  I'm
listening to Yo La Tengo's "I Can Hear the Heart..." as we speak, which was
a staple of my late night interstate drives back in the day.  Oooh, how I
yearn for it.  How it all looks the same at night, and even in the day, and
it was fantastic, because I was actually there.

Speaking of champion beers, Is anyone else absolutely DYING to hear the new
Belle and Sebastian record?  I can't wait to hear what kind of effect Mr.
Horn will have.  I can imagine a chilly evening in the park, shutting my
eyes as wave after wave of synth washes over me, stuart's voice soaring...it
could be brilliant.  Are they going to the "PROG" back in "Indie"?
Hopefully, Yes.

Moving backwards, I have assignments for you American lads out there in the
audience.  Yes, that means you.  I want everyone to fulfill at least ONE of
the following tasks.  Failure will result in expulsion from the list.

One person will order and consume 2 Chalupa Supremes without tomatos, each
adorned lovingly with Fire sauce.  Mountain Dew Code Red as your beverage.
This is non-negotiable.

One person will go to Denny's between the hours of 1 am and 4 am and order
either a Meat Lovers Skillet with Scrambled eggs or the Buffalo Chicken
Strips with Ranch Dressing.  Both of these must be accompanied with a Cherry
Coke.  Casual flirtations with the no-doubt minging staff are optional.

One person in the South will order an ice cold Sweet Tea and drink three
cups (free refills a must).  Even better if out of a styrofoam cup or a jar.

One person will drink a cup of ice cold lemonade from Chik-fil-a.

One person will go to Krystal at 1 am, slightly inebriated, and order a
number one without pickles.  Drink is your choice.

One person will go to a mexcian restaurant and eat the free chips and salsa
with a tall glass of sprite.  Meal is up to you.

One person will order a house salad with Ranch dressing and Crutons.

Okay, please report to Lokar20 at hotmail.com with results and then head to the
Rewards room.

I never wonder what it would be like if belle and sebastian and perhaps some
select sinister people were put into the Big Brother house.  If i did I
would probably find it amusing, or I would be depressed at how bored I must
be.  Still, who would you evict?  I think Stevie would win.  He would
actually PLAY THE GAME.  Not the experience.  More importantly, who would
cake on the blush(er)?

I've been enjoying the three summer ep's (I call them that..i might have
read that somewhere...someone clarify) to an extent that I haven't reached
with the band for a good long while.  I still think "Put the Book..." is
magical.

The boys have gone digi-dull.  Let's see how it all turns out.  I'm excited.