Sinister: there's nobody else here, no one like me

Today I am not in the mood for anything languagecreep at xxx.com
Mon Jul 7 02:01:53 BST 2003

So I've got these wings.

I've been feeling guilty about having sprouted wings and not having the
courage to try them out.  It's messing with the metaphors.

So I stood on the lawn and gave a flap.  And then another.  I was surprised
how easily it came to me.  Like riding a bicycle, only far easier.  My first
attempt at cycling was marked by a tendency to go over the handlebars.  I
was also surprised that one can still be afraid of heights when one is in
total control of one's distance from the ground.

So given the power of flight I did what anyone ought to do.  I had a look
around in the hopes of seeing my friends and either a. impressing the living
crap out of them or b. spying on them.

The campus was lovely up there and I tried a few swoops.  The loop de loop
wasn't as graceful as I'd hoped but no one was around to notice.  Then I saw
him.  The boy I sold my heart to for some music and clever jokes.  As usual
he doesn't take any notice of me.  I didn't mind though, because seeing as
he's here I can just go to his appartment and get my heart back.

He left the window open.  My heart was stuffed in a box under his bed next
to some of his many cds.  The origami dinosaur made especially for him
suffered a similar fate.  Heart returned to it's rightful place, beating
feebly inside my ribs, I went to a concert.

The fall were absolutely brilliant, but I hadn't got the hang of winching in
my wings all the way and lots of punk rockers kept knocking into them as
they danced.  One of them turned out to know a little Czech.  I gave him my
number despite the whole of my instincts being against it.  My instincts
haven't done a single nice thing for me since birth so I see no reason to
listen to their counsel.  I was scared to fly this late at night so I took
the subway home.

I'm thinking I could put this newfound abilty to good use once I get good at
it.  I could start up a rescue service for birds who get tired halfway
between trees.  Or maybe I'll just help more people who crawled into their
cocoons only to find out that what they had been secretly believing all
along, deep inside they were a beautiful butterfly.

I must say I'm glad I wasn't an ugly duckling.  I don't think I could've
handled turning into a swan.  Laying eggs probably takes it right out of you
for the rest of the day.

Now I've got a question for the sinisterines.  I'm trying to compile a mixed
cd entirely devoted to songs about wanking.  Culled from my own knowledge
and that of my friends I've got  *billy idol - dancing with myself, divinyls
- I touch myself, Hefner - Hello kitten, the vapors - turning japanese,
cindy lauper - she bop, Tweet - oops, oh my, Pixies - the holiday song,
Semisonic - get a grip* so far.  Any help would be much appreciated.  If the
idea appeals to you I'm sure I could send a copy along.

The other day I got a bunny to eat bread out of my hand by sitting very
still for an hour.  My heart nearly burst with love.

Soaring and fuzzy woodland creatures (and love)
Kara

www2.bc.edu/~brielman