Sinister: bangkok, oriental city, the creme de la creme.

MyMomSays at xxx.com MyMomSays at xxx.com
Mon Jul 7 18:32:16 BST 2003

I've been inspired by the double posting of David Hewitt to come out from my hiding place.  Christine Irene has speculated that blogs have been tempting regular posters from sharing their thoughts to this list and I think I can speak with confidence when I say that is absolutely not true in my case.  I do have a blog, but I neglect it, too.  Poor fella!

David's musings about dryer sheets and other laundry-oriented topics has made me long for the days when I, too, had loads of amenities at my disposal.  Washing machine, dryer, dish washer, air conditioning.... those were the days.  I took them for granted! Now I live practically amentity-FREE.  I don't even have any WINDOWS! Well, I do, but they are tiny prison windows (not literally).  I've found that at the weekends I often visit my sister's apartment or my parent's house so I can have full use of what a normal house feels like.  Last weekend I spent it at my sister's apartment and I spent a full half an hour in her luxurious shower.  I make it sound like I am squatting.  I'm not, I just live in a tiny, low-rent apartment.  In a basement.  Everyone knows that only creepy-crawlies live in basements, which includes me.  I'm everyone's favorite garden slug.

So this has half been a summer wasting.  I cannot believe we are sliding into the middle of July.  About a year ago Juicy Lucy warned those of us in long-distance relationships that one of the two would eventually have to relocate to be with their honey.  It sounds pretty fun to me!  I am right now in the process of selling a lot of my crap.  I have to move all my stuff back to my parents house in September and then try and figure out what I will take with me to England.  My parents keep talking about how I have so many opportunities. Then my Dad asks me if I am treating my boyfriend nicely.  I think my Dad worries that I verbally bash my boyfriend.  Not so! I'm a kind, tender soul.

It's kind of unfortunate that right when I will be moving, my band is just starting to get a following.  Sorta.  We played on the 4th of July and it was awesome.  Let me just say that we did an amazing rendition of "We Built This City"; I accidentally sang "Cody plays the Mamba" instead of "Marconi plays the mamba" though.  My sister convinced me I was thinking of Cousin Cody from TV's "Step By Step" - the television series that expired around 1992.

I had the fun experience of receiving a fan letter a week ago.  A story of mine has been published recently and apparently a reader loved my story so much he was inspired to write me a glowing e-mail.  I was pretty touched.  It's amazing how something like that can make your YEAR.

I was pretty happy to see the return of The Lad 96.

Thinking of you and all of your pets,
Mandee May