Sinister: bangkok, oriental city, the creme de la creme.

Richard Lander rclander at xxx.com
Wed Jul 9 11:51:26 BST 2003

Mandee posted yesterday with the above subject line but I looked in vain for
any
mention of Bangkok in her post.

It did shake me into action to post that my wife and I went to Bangkok for a
short holiday to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I say shaken me into
action to post because we went there from 20 to 23 June. I have been meaning
to post about it since then because I finally got to meet Ooon, our
legendary Thai listee.

It was only a brief 90 minute get together but considering we have been
communicating since October 1997 it was great to finally meet up.

Bangkok was great, the traffic jams which I had heard so many bad things
about turned out to be well above the awful traffic jams in Manila. It was
friendlier than here in Hong Kong, you can get off public transport without
someone trying to get on at the same time.

We went down to Pattaya and walked down the beach, amazed at the vast
numbers of European men over the age of 50 that we saw there. We thought
there would be a lot but there really was A LOT.

We had a great time and only had 4 health checks for SARS
(http://www.info.gov.hk/info/sars/eindex.htm) on the way in and going home
to HK,

Richard