No subject

Kimberly Girton kimgirton at xxx.com
Thu Jul 10 21:57:55 BST 2003

DON'T TRY TO SAY TO ME THAT THIS WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE...

Alright, Eastern Shore Sinisterites/ines/eens: you might want to sit down
for this -- we're going to try a Sinister Picnic!  I know, I know -- IT'LL
NEVER WORK!  But hold off on the verbal flogging -- Apparently, these
Midatlantic Pinic Attempts have a piss-poor history, but all the more reason
to try again!  (I am by nature NOT that optimistic, by the way, so typing
such a sentiment actually made me throw up a bit.  OK, not really.  Ewwww.)

Now that I know there are at least six or seven people interested (and
that's not counting my fellow lurkers) and the idea hasn't completely
flatlined yet, I feel courageous (or naive) enough to say, "So Fancypants,
what weekend is good for you?"  ("Fancypants" being plural and inclusive of
all who live in the tristate area).  And thusly I have said it.  Anyone
who's interested in attending what will be the grandest time to be had in
downtown DC should e-mail me, even those with questions about transportation
and places to crash if necessity dictates.  Some fabulous list individuals
have offered their time and presence and planning capabilities (as I have
none) so it's not to be missed if you're within a reasonable driving
distance.  Speaking of said individuals, thank you for the response to my
first post. :)  Every email made me all squishy inside.  Which is a good way
to stave off scleroderma.  Probably the best way, in fact.

So drop me some concrete suggestions if you so wish.  I'll do the detail
work, but am very bad at making aesthetic choices, even as it pertains to my
leisure time.  And might I add that I'm ridiculously joyful at the thought
of a picnic?  Even if I might NOT add it, there it is.

Also, this is in extreme advance, but Ted Leo's coming back to the Black Cat
after having to cancel his latest DC show due to throat injury.  September
10, backstage, 9 PM.  I'll be there, so if anyone else is interested,
perhaps we could have a mini-meetup there?  Or if anyone else wants to
suggest shows (sorry I'll miss the Aisler's Set!) for meet-ups, I'm all
ears.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN A BRILLIANT CAREER

Non-sequitir: It seems to me a good indication of a bad day at work when the
most heated discussion is about whether or not "awhile" is always one word,
or if a space can be placed between the A and the W.  Turns out you CAN use
"a while," but it has to be used as a noun.  And "awhile" must be used as an
adverb in order to be considered correct.  Also, I hate my job.  Since I
stupidly graduated and they consequently booted me from college, I've aged
three psychological years for every one Roman-calendar year.  I'm not liking
the math.

That being said, I will take my leave.  Mostly because it's time to go home
from work.  Hopefully, I will hear from some of you soon.  Till then and
then some --- Kim