Sinister: Keep on trucking in the twee world

Ailsa Watson ailsa_watson72 at xxx.com
Sun Jul 13 11:53:25 BST 2003

Mr Carsmile reminded everyone that he used to be "slightly anal about 80s
pop".  I think I have to take full responsibility for that, viz.

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199905/msg00575.html

So, er, hello folks.  I have been spending far too long not posting to
Sinister, but I guess I'm not the only one.  I have been lurking during my
posting sabbatical, and God it's changed around here.  I won't say in what
way.

Several years too late, I would like to say a belated "hello" to all the
peeps at the Glasgow gig, especially Mr 96 and Mr RJG for letting me move
into their living room for three days, (with added props to Mr Kaiserotto
for wussing out of the sofa-sleeping, thus allowing me said space to sleep)
and saving me a small fortune in taxi fares, Mr Trousers and Mr The Pinefox
for putting up with my snoring, smelly feet and general room-sharey-ness
stuff, Mr Chu for buying the biggest round in the world at the gig, thus
saving hours of queuing all round, and everyone else for making an old woman
feel young and part of things again.  Rest assured if I had any money I'd be
tigermilking with the best of them on Saturday...

So, trucker hats, eh?  What the well-dressed tweeble around town will surely
be wearing, and no mistake. Shouldn't everyone going to the Public Enemy
thing buy them and wear them sideyways in a Flavor Flav stylee?  That would
RAWK I'm sure. \m/

This has been a lovely nostalgia trip for me.  But I'll have to go hibernate
for another eighteen months now I think.

Ailsa xx