Sinister: So many cargo pants, so little cargo

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Mon Jul 14 05:58:39 BST 2003

Whoot! I now officially have my tickets to the August Belle & Sebastian show
in Prospect Park!

Of course, I still can't believe I'm going to Brooklyn just to see them - I
think it's a testament to my devotion to the band. I remember declaring my
love for Ben Marcus. Oh, how I would follow him anywhere! Then, the very
weekend which I was in the city he was going to be doing a signing. I was
swooning from excitement ... until I discovered just exactly where. Oh, how
I would follow him to the ends of the very earth, just not to Brooklyn!

However, I do have a weakness for Prospect Park which I blame on reading
Chaim Potok novels as an impressionable young girl. (I also blame this for
my affinity for Jewish boys.)  When I was a senior in high school my
youngest brother - who is three years older than me - moved to Brooklyn. We
had never been very close but I went up to visit him. I guess I wanted to
become closer, bond, and all those other siblingesque things. Well, that and
check out the five other boys in their early twenties who he was sharing a
brownstone with... I remember absolutely nothing about that trip except for
us sitting outside of Prospect Park on a bench watching as these two men
stole a stereo from a car.  It was a bonding moment indeed.

Eric eroticized: Unfortunately for all concerned (i.e. ME) Laura wasn't
wearing the Catwoman mask. If she had been, I believe I would have turned
all girl-liking and swooned.

So, in order for Eric to like girls they have to have most of their face
covered with a mask? Now, that makes sense. You don't have to worry about me
being the cause of any changes to sexual preferences with my Ghost World
catmask either. A girl - who is always trying to convince me to become a
lesbian - gave that to me for a present while in the bookshop one day. I
blushed fiercely, quickly put it away, and then went home and took pictures
of myself in it. Hee. However, that's about as far as I went. If I were to
wear it around others, I would blush so ferociously that I'm pretty sure
that the mask would catch fire. As far as I know, Burned Rubber Scars On
Face = Fashion No No.

Miss Mandee May Murmured: About a year ago Juicy Lucy warned those of us in
long-distance relationships that one of the two would eventually have to
relocate to be with their honey.

With the exception of the time that I deduced that Larry King really was an
alien, I've never shown any particular insightfulness. However, I was pretty
sure that the allure of a long-distance relationship was that you never had
to be with your significant other for any lengthy period of time. It's so
much easier to like someone when you only see them a couple weeks out of the
year! Why ruin the joy of not having to by moving closer? Silliness if I
have heard it. Then again, I do remember one of my friends saying that my
idea of a perfect relationship is Keats dying in Italy writing to Fannie
Brawne. Evidently, they remembered me telling about I wouldn't mind having
hooked up with Emily Dickinson. She would have been great to be in love
with. Even if you both lived in the same town, you could just see her
through a window across the street and occasionally wave at each other.

Now, that's love.

xo,
Ll

PS - I second Werther David in requesting more Miss Maddie Minx posts. Get
in!