Sinister: hi, friends!

clairk at xxx.edu clairk at xxx.edu
Tue Jul 15 02:51:49 BST 2003

It made sense to me that every building in this part of the country would
have a basement in the event of dodgy weather conditions such as we're
experiencing right now.  That was before I moved into my current apartment,
which has no basement.  So here I am in the library waiting for these
storms to pass so that I can go back home and not get swept away like so
many little dogs named Toto.

I'm glad that people who were at Glastonbury have reported back! since we
don't get too many huge festivals here in flyover country.  I spent part of
that weekend being jealous, but I was in Wisconsin for most of it, and when
you're in Madison there's too many restaurants around and too much food to
eat to waste time on things like that.  Oh well.  Next year I'll be there,
assuming I learn to control the world financial markets and drive the
exchange rate down to like a hundred pounds to the dollar the night before
tickets go on sale.  That'll show 'em!

I may not be going to Prospect Park to see the band, but I _am_ going to
Cleveland to see Celtic and they're from Glasgow, so it's almost like the
same thing.  And my seats for the football will be much better than where
I'd be at for a concert.  And I get to ride roller coasters.  I think I get
the better deal, personally.

Although I don't have anyone in specific that I'd like to request posts
from, I would like to request posts in general, as I've recently discovered
that I can get away with checking my e-mail at work and the afternoons are
much more exciting when I switch over to the e-mail and it says I have a
new message awaiting me.

Trucker hats?  I remember back in the day when I was in the third grade and
didn't have any real baseball hats yet, and my dad would give me all his
trucker hats with the names of herbicides on them that he'd get at farm
shows in Iowa.  Those were old school.  I can't imagine these hats as being
able to lend the "FFA chapter president" look that I was going for by
wearing a trucker hat in the first place.  bah.  Maybe if they had a
picture of a cornstalk on it.  But I don't think they have corn in
Scotland.  You could prove me wrong if you'd like.  At any rate, when I hit
my mid-life crisis and start driving sixteen-wheelers across the country, I
think I'll stick with hats that say Monsanto on them.  I'll fit in better
with the convoy that way.

roger, ten-four,
-kevin