Sinister: Boys rule, girls drool.

The Hodottir hodottir at xxx.com
Tue Jul 15 13:18:00 BST 2003

Hello you cheeky batch of munkeys,

In fact, just typing that has made me realise there really isn't enough
monkey talk on Sinister is there?  But that's not why I'm posting.

A few of you may know my posting habits - I tend to lurk for months, never
contributing a jot or adding to the debate until something baffles me to the
point where I simply can't resist opening the forum to a bunch of B&S fans
who quite possibly have an answer for everything.

This year's hot topic: Why is it that boys have great hobbies and interests
while most girls just seem to make a lifelong hobby of snaring the boys with
the hobbies?

HUH?

Is anybody else out there feeling this?

Par exampluh:

Boys can:

Play guitar (and/or other instruments)
DJ
Make the interweb
Shoot films
Skateboard (ref: the delightful Avril Lavigne)
etc

Girls can:

Put on make-up
Shop for Scotland
Flirt
Win gold in Olympic gossip
Hug

It's not like I hadn't noticed the difference before, but it's becoming more
and more glaringly obvious as the boys are turning their hobbies into really
cool and exciting careers, while the girls are lagging behind, tripping up
over their legwarmers.  (Think Spinal Tap's Jeanine to the infintely
talented David and you're catching my drift...)

Can anyone explain this, or am I just being a bit too hard on my sistahs?
Perhaps you'll retort with a 'speak for yourself', but come on, I mean,
we're a bit crap, aren't we?

Oh dear, what a poorly-constructed arguement.  If I were a boy, I'd have
thought it through - laid it out.  Better still, I'd have sent you a post
about something more interesting - like whammy bars or whatever they're
talking about down Denmark Street this week.

Answers on a Dukes of Hazzard postcard please.

Love and Poochie lipgloss
Miss Ho x