Sinister: detroit rock city

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Tue Jul 15 20:13:27 BST 2003

greetings everyone....it's good to be home.  i am
fresh off of a couple of days in America's loveliest
city...Detroit, Michigan.  (to those overseas who are
unaware of the US opinion of detroit, michigan, it is
affectionately known as "the toilet.")

i took my l'il sister there for the big eminem
show...well, one of the two big eminem shows.

i dunno how popular eminem is here on sinister as he
is not really known for being twee....i like him
though.  i like everything....except for the shite
stripes.
well, i like music from every genre really......a few
observations on the show and Detroit:

1) Detroit has the most fucked up road system i have
ever driven on.....highway signs very small and hidden
behind trees.....the way streets in the heart of
downtown are all U shaped and always turn you around,
whether you like it or not.

2)  every single thing in that city is named after or
in some way references ford....i sort of expected a
lot of ford propaganda...but my goodness!

3)  the way they make each side of their stadiums look
alike, so you never know what entrance you are at.

4)  missy elliot was amazing.....

5) eminem swore the least of the 3 acts...

6)  i refuse to refer to fifty cent as fifty cent...i
always call him fifty cents.....i mean really.  i am a
white suburban girl, and i accept that....don't even
get me started on the wanna-be-gangsta-ghetto youth
who call him "fitty..."   ewww.

7)  a songwriting tip.....if you are at a loss for
lyrical content, gratuitous use of the word
"mohterfucker" will make the kids think you are a
lyrical prodigy....perhaps that is why the Belles have
never gone mainstream...

"If you're feeling sinister, dawg
go and and see a minister, dawg
he'll try in vain
to take away, y'all
the pain of being a hopeless motherfucker"

see...sheer poetry.

ah well....after an-almost tornado this morning, the
sun shines again.....will it ever stop raining in
chicago?   if animals start lining up 2x2, i'm getting
the hell outta here :O)

~motherfuckerstine