Sinister: Where issss everybody......?

Michael Vance michael at xxx.org
Sat Jul 26 02:50:27 BST 2003

For Chris,

We had the tasting for our wedding last night. While we were there, we
pondered what we'd have our "deejay" or "emcee" play. These pejoratives
are not suitable for who we're getting: someone does Discovery channel
voice-over. Can't really beat that. I predict my friend, Martin, with
his penchant for drink (well, he's Irish) and the History Channel,
sidling up and saying "come on do it, do it, 'Guns & Steel', do the
intro. 'Wings of the Luftwaffe', just once, man, just once".

What will we have him play? B&S, Smiths, Tom Waits, Andrew Bird, the
VU, etc. Processionals? Morrissey provides the easy ones... "I Will
Never Marry", "Jeane" if you really want the awful stuff. B&S with "I'm
Waking Up To Us".

We met the Reverend the other day, too. Nice chap. He does pre-marital
counseling, but, well, Hand In Glove--"the sun shines our of our
behinds" we don't need them, of course. Althought if they were done in
some sort of Marital Jeopardy format perhaps we'd have fun competing
against each other.

Is anyone doing a bar quiz about B&S? Someone should.

m.