Sinister: baby, it's game theory

kmhyde at xxx.edu kmhyde at xxx.edu
Fri Jul 25 23:38:37 BST 2003

Hi everyone,

I recently re-acquainted myself with the amazing stress
involved with looking for a new place to live. My current
roommate is leaving this husk of a town to move in with his
girlfriend of 6 years (what a selfish thing to do), so that
they can join their bank accounts into one massive and
unstoppable juggernaut of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of
dollars. The worst portion of this whole sordid affair being
that I had to find myself a new roommate, and oh yeah, when
you're 23 and still in the same town you graduated college
from and also working for said college, it is not easy to
find people of your same age or, say, bathroom-cleanliness
disposition. But I did. So but the other day, my future
roommate and I were looking at this place just around the
bend from my own apt. complex, and it was fantastically bad.
The first thing I noticed was the smell, which basically
leapt right out and smacked me around a little. Imagine a dog
who has been trying to perm all her fur with a set of faulty
curlers, and has also recently taken to bathing in
undercooked beef stew. Also imagine a casserole made of
melted crayons and Parmesan cheese vomit, which has been fed
to a small herd of aging and dyspeptic cows. Now, make the
dog and the cows be roommates, with both animal-parties
confined to very small areas in the house which suffer from
jungle-y high levels of humidity. That is the smell we
encountered, except tangier. And more unforgiving. I don't
think I can say enough about this, I'm sorry. I really need
to diffuse the sensory pain this caused me.

I'm going to Minneapolis on Sunday, flying out there for a
conference. A work conference, in case you were wondering.
One which will involve attending a little thing called the
RUFFALOCODY 5K FUN RUN/WALK IN THE PARK. Oh yeah! I'm going
to do my fiendish best to walk as briskly as possible but to
also smoke many many cigarettes along the way. Possibly a
whole pack. I find that many health-nuts are confounded by
this sort of paradoxical combination, which is almost at an
Alanis Morrissette's 'Ironic' level of mind-fuckery. Dude,
it's like ten thousand spoons when all I need is a shiv.
Anyway, the real point of this is to tell as many people that
I will be on an airplane for the first time in 11 years, and
if you don't hear from me again, that means I'm dead or
living in Minneapolis (on the whole, I'd rather be in Philly
though).

I was going to type up a question I had about ostensive
definitions and sets and such, but then decided against it as
it would make me not only a hardcore pretent, but also a nerd
to the nerdth power. yikes. I like motors and leggy dames,
that's what I actually meant.

off to gird my loins,

Kevin