Sinister: if you are feeling sinister (about a roommate)

joanna coldcolours at xxx.net
Sat Jul 26 13:33:08 BST 2003

Hello, sinisterines,

    So I'm finally experiencing the warm glow that is full list belonging-ness, and I thought I'd say hi to everyone. My name is Joanna ::curtsies:: Much like the person who posted a few messages ago, I'm trying to find a new place, on Craig's list (an internet bulletin board where the kids go), compulsively checking for new postings every ten minutes, convinced that Valhalla lies just beyond the screen-refresh horizon. But in the interest of being interesting, I thought I'd just share with you this apartment listing. It was really posted, but I don't know if it's a joke or not. Considering the rooms I've seen so far, it's starting to sound rather appealing.(read it, really, it's funny.)
POSTED:

I have a large 15x10 room in a relatively large East Village apartment for rent. The apartment has one full bath and a half bath which is in my room. There is a large common area. It’s a great space. There is one catch you should be aware of. I am a professional bee keeper. I maintain a rather large hive of Africanized honey bees. Due to the economic downturn and the reduced demand for honey I was unable to maintain my work studio and therefore I now work from home. The hive is located in the living room. I have plenty of protective gear and they
mostly keep to themselves and go about their business of collecting pollen and producing delicious and reasonably priced honey. However, occasionally something sets them off and hive becomes enraged and tends to swarm. Generally you should be ok if you just keep your door shut but this can be a hassle at times. If you have any allergies to bee stings or maintain a large collection of predatory insects this is probably not the place for you.