Sinister: I could have been steaming

kenneth.chu at xxx.org kenneth.chu at xxx.org
Tue Jul 29 15:47:40 BST 2003

Hello there,

I've just realised that I'm so ironic I couldn't spell the word
"vocabulary".

How are we all?  Work is the curse of the posting class, you know.  And now
the words "class" and "post" together made me think of stamps.  Did you know
there's an island called "Tristan da Cunha" in the middle of South Atlantic
Ocean?  I didn't!  It has a population of about 300 and the people there's
main source of income is from fishing, and STAMP MAKING.  When you post
stamps to people do you have to put a stamp on the stamps?

So yeah, this post is hardly going to be first class, but to a degree that
might be a good thing, like a first class degree, or sommink, like if you
stock furry coats, then you're gonna have sommink in yer wardrobe, innit.

REPORTING BACK

There has been very little REPORTING BACK on TIGERMILKING, which quite
frankly is a poor effort given the success that it had been!  The event was
so hot it was steaming, both in the temperature sense and the drunken level
sense.

The DJs DJed with DJing skillz galore with Dafyd's britpop Stefano's rock
Ken's oldies Marianna's P!O!P! and Mark's R&B blended to perfection.  The
Betsey Trotwood was reorganised so that there is an actual DJ SHRINE bit
where dancing people can now worship the DJs with their dance moves, which
was nice.

Those who have missed it, have missed out.  But fear not, as I have heard
rumours of another dose of TIGERMILKING is being stewed inside a tiger bosom
even as we speak!

SHAME ACADEMY

Ever since buying a TV I've been trying more and more to integrate myself
with the world by starting to watch crap TV programs, and the other night I
watched the Qualifying rounds for "FAME ACADEMY" and I must say, how
delightfully apalling, yet great!

Eight people who can't sing were put on the spot to sing, and then they
fail, and then the judges slag them off!  I had imagined that that must have
been what it was like in the olden days when you get stoned to death in
public, except you don't actually die on Fame Academy so that you have to
live with the SHAME for ever.  How awful.  I loved it tho.

Although I couldn't be arsed to find out who won and so I went off to TESCO
before the end.

PUN

The best pun I've heard on British Television.. this was during Channel 4's
excellent "Top 100 best selling singles of all time" show, and they talked
about the Beatles' breakthrough to America...

"Their arrival was just what the USA had needed after JFK's assassination,
and they had achieved an unprecedented level of success."

an UN-PRESIDENTED level of
success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Haha, nice
one.

RED BULL DOZERS

Speaking of puns, a few weeks ago I entered for the RED BULL FLUGTAG that is
happening in London on the 3rd Aug at the Serpentine Lake, which basically
involve loads of mad people throwing themselves into the lake in a wacky
"Aircraft" that they'd have had built for it.

Well, a flying machine with a construction vehicle design called the "RED
BULL DOZER" would never fail to impress, you'd have thought.  But NO, it got
Rejected :-(

Well, there must have been better designs around, I guess.

And THEN, I looked at the website and saw THIS
http://www.redbullflugtag.co.uk/entrants/card.php?id=21

YES, an entry with the SAME NAME, SAME PUN, and pretty much the SAME DESIGN.
Poo :-(  And they chose theirs over mine!  Damn them and their double-barrel
last names.  So yeah.

RED BULL DOZERS, TOO

I've heard rumours that they might be playing a gig in Glasgow in the near
future.

Love and Red Bulls
Ken

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.