Sinister: When Snakes Play Dead

Kimberly Girton kimgirton at xxx.com
Thu Jul 31 22:17:51 BST 2003

Hello!

Pardon the sniffles; I've come down with a bug.

Thank you, Joanna, for posting something referencing killer bees.  What with
the ninja and zombie craze (trust me, there's a craze), it's about time we
had another fantastical predator to obsess about, and I've had my hand up
voting for killer bees so long that my fingers have developed a delightful
tingle.  Oh, okay, so killer bees aren't fantastical but you have to admit
they'd make a fantastic series of ridiculously special-effected films
directed by folks like Francis Ford Coppola and that guy who directed
"Trainspotting."

So it looks like we've got a date, kids, for the WASHINGTON D.C. SINISTER
MEET-UP!  And that date would be  *** SEPTEMBER 6 and/or 7***  and someone
mentioned the possibility of taking in the oddity that is the Masonic
Memorial in Alexandria.  I'd ask for a raising of hands but mine's still in
the air for killer bees and thusly my vote wouldn't count.  Regardless, I
was thinking a centralized location (like that t-shirt cart outside the
Washington Monument... what do you mean *which* t-shirt cart???) would be a
good idea to establish, so in the baby steps I've come to love, I call on
the MidAtlantic Sinis to shout out recommendations.  Bonus points to the
first person to suggest we meet at the woolly mammoth inside the Museum of
Natural History (is he even still there?).  I adore him.

USELESS ACTIVITY SUGGESTION TIME:
I've discovered the extremely interesting defense mechanisms of the hognose
snake.  Actually, it's not even that useless as it can be classified as
"learning."  These are the perks of working for a wildlife non-profit...
Follow the link for Reptile Goodness!

http://www.wpconline.org/dailyphotos/wpcdaily-7-23.asp

Best to all,
~ Kim