Sinister: You hurt my knee on Friday, and ruined my weekend

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Tue Jun 3 16:34:02 BST 2003

Hello Sinister.

PICTURE THE SCENE

<<A sweaty college bar somewhere in North Yorkshire on a Friday, beer spilt
on tiled floor, the quiet acoustic bit from Ash's "Girl From Mars" blaring
from the PA. "I still love you the girl from..."

At this point, Asm abandons his position behind the decks, lauches himself
in the air, from the DJ booth, on a trajectory directly colliding with James
Thorniley, his head flung back, imaginary Gibson Flying V around his neck,
back arched.

"Mars!", screams Wheeler, as the distonion kicks in. Asm lands on the
slippery floor on his dickey knee. He'll be okay though, the adrenalin will
be enough to see him through. Then Thorniley, who had skillfullly avoided
the incoming deejay, plumets into Asm's shoulder and aforementioned knee,
and moshing is abruptly halted to avoid further injury.>>

It's quite a scene. James Thorniley nearly killed me on Friday with his
over-zealous dancing, but his public apolgies are acceptable, of course.
It's not bruised, James, just quite stiff. Go on Archel, or Big Stu, make
some smut out of that.

IT'S BETTER TO REGRET SOMETHING YOU HAVE DONE THAN TO REGRET SOMETHING YOU
HAVEN'T DONE

As seems to be the way of it these days, I've been neglecting you. The
pattern goes lurk-lurk-lurk-lurk-feel guilt-post, on loop. You can thank (?)
the boy Thorniley for prompting me this time. If it wasn't for his clumsy
actions at the weekend I'd still be silent. Probably.

I must say though that I've been reading a lot more than usual; I'm digging
this retro-sinister revival thing, with SUBJECT HEADINGS, and people
mispelling "great". Mummy I've Grazed My Knee's post was sheer nostalgia,
and all the better for it in a kinda Brit-pop Club Night way.  Richard.
John. Gillander's post was inexplicable genius, and Ken's top 5 whinges were
brilliant, although I'd be tempted to make it a non-round Top 7, in order to
include http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200303/msg00020.html,
and of course
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200304/msg00008.html. As these
post demonstrate in the most elegant and beautiful ways, the old days might
be the best, but modern-day sniping is still Sini-gold.

THIERRY HENRY WILL BE OUT FOREVER, HAVING SUSTAINED DEATH DURING ARSENAL'S
2-0 WIN OVER BOLTON

I can't stop playing CM4 at the moment, which is very sad, but I'm sure I'm
not alone here. Mark, how are you getting along with Torquay? Any good
tactics? Apparently, one of the "injuries" that the players can sustain in
the new game is death. It's quite realistic, y'know.

BOOEY POTTOM

I'll love you and leave you now. I'm sorry if you think I'm clogging up your
inbox - it's almost as if I've forgotten how to post these days. Speak to
you in a couple of months then.

love

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but