Sinister: Belle and Sebastian News Mailing List (fwd)

Linda Kerr lulou at xxx.org
Wed Jun 4 15:26:05 BST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:18:30 -0000
From: band at xxx.net
To: lulou at crockery.org

Hi all,

The band are still busy in the studio at the moment, but some of them are
participating in a couple of DJ sets coming up that you may be interested
in heading along to, if you're in the UK.

Richard & Chris are DJ-ing at The Social, Pelham Street
Nottingham on 23rd June from about 9.30pm as part of the You Are Here
Festival.  Before that, Nottingham's finest Earth The Californian Love
dream will be playing, and there will be all sorts of odd events happening
that evening. Tickets cost a fiver, available from Broadway Box Office,
Broad Street, Nottingham NG1 3AL, tel: 0115 9526611. They go on sale
tomorrow - June 5th - and will sell super-fast, so get yours now!  You can
get more info about the festival by visiting http://www.yah.org.uk

Stuart is also DJ-ing in Nottingham for the Nottingham Stop the War
Coalition Gig & Disco on Saturday June 21st from 7.30pm ­ til 1am at
Junktion 7 on 6 Ilkeston Rd, NG7.  Admission is £4 in advance or £5 on the
door.  Fosca, The Liberty Ship and Hellfire Sermons are the "gig" part and
Stuart is DJ-ing alongside Ian Watson of "How Does It Feel" fame.  You can
get more info about the show by visiting www.tastyfanzine.org.uk

Thanks to everyone who made it along to the Concern Concert for Africa
show.  We helped to raise £50,000 for Concern's appeal to help the famine
in Africa, and the broadcast on STV/Grampian should have hopefully raised
even more for the cause.  Stuart did an interview on BBC Scotland with
Janice Forsyth the morning before the show, and Janice kindly donated her
original copy of "Tigermilk" complete with invitation tickets to the
launch party for us to auction to raise money for Concern.  We've also got
some mementos from the show, AAA passes, a t-shirt, posters etc. and the
record has been signed by the band too, so when we get it organised, you
can start placing bids on the package.

Lastly, we've made new t-shirts!  You can view the new "Graffiti"
colour-ways (Zinc Grey and Sky Blue) and "Ampersand" skinny-fit shirts
(Heather Grey) online by visiting
http://www.banchoryshop.net/search.asp?search=belle  Chris has also
finished the designs for the Baseball caps and Stuart the Football shirts
(with a bit of help from Rachel, thanks Rachel!) so they should be online
soon too.  Will drop you another email when you can get your hands on them
and details of the "Tigermilk" auction for Concern too.

Roll on summer!

cheers,
Katrina @ Banchory.

http://www.banchory.net