Sinister: all kinds of everything

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Thu Jun 12 18:20:43 BST 2003

so dirty vicar gave me quite a lashing for referencing
chris deburgh in a sinister post...what do you think
he'll do to me for referencing dana?  :o)

hi all.  it's been awhile.  you remember me, i'm
stine.  the right wing republican who is not a man
from sweden.

so how have you all been?  i hope that this finds you
well and up to loads of exciting adventures.

what has been going on with me?  not a whole lot.  the
eldest of my charges is now out of school so my days
have been to busy with scholastic type
activities....that allows no time for posting to
sinister.  i think you often though.  :O)

on monday the girls and i were stuck in the house on a
rainy day...so we turned the basement into an ocean.
i cut out waves out of blue paper, the girls made
fish, algae, etc, and we plastered it up all over.
looks v. cool.  i think my bosses were very impressed
with it.  it is always nice to impress your bosses, no
matter your field.

today we ventured to the library.  funny thing.  the
little one LOVES reading.  she cries when i tell her
to put her books down so we can go outside to play.
she is 2.  anyway, she hates to leave whatever she is
doing.  at the library, she found a stool that she was
quite taken with.  when it was time for us to leave
the part of the library we were in so that we could
look for some cd's to borrow, she had a total
meltdown.  everyone in the library was staring at me
as though i was trying to skin her alive.  it was
mortifying.  good times.

in the way of entertainment type things i have been:

listening to the new radiohead.  i like it, i have
just been in more of a sing-along mood...you can't
really sing along to radiohead.

have been listening to (obsessively so) the tape that
dirty vicar made for me...of gavin friday's radio
appearance in dublin.  i love it!  i think that
mary-margaret (or margareth, depending on whom you
ask) o'hara has the most lovely voice of anyone in the
history of vocal chords.  if i could sing like her my
life would be a musical!

i saw Gangs of New York the other day...I liked it
overall.  it was VERY LONG, and sad, and
violent....but I think that it summarised the events
rather accurately (so far as i know anyway)>

saw Down with Love a few weeks ago.  v. cute.  ewan
mcgregor is sooooo yummy!

got my very own copy of "Breakfast on Pluto" by
Pat(rick) McCabe.  Should be good....(i realise that
book titles should be underlined, for some reason I
can never underline in Yahoo mail).

i have also been watching countless episodes of :"sex
and the City" (of which  my friends say I am a cross
between Miranda and Carrie), Friends (which my friends
say I am most like Chandler/Monica) and The Young Ones
(which I adore, but seriously hope I do not resemble
any of the characters on :o)

oh yeah, one last thing.  i don't s'pose the odds of
anyone from this list going to a) the taste of lombard
festival or b) the tracy chapman gig are very good,
but if, for some reason, you happen to be at either of
those events, I will be working the events for Amnesty
International....stop by and say hi!  :o)

ta.

love ~stine

ah well.  i s'pose that's all