Sinister: i know where the summer goes

clairk at xxx.edu clairk at xxx.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:50:01 BST 2003

So it's summer in Minnesota, which means that there are bugs everywhere and
I don't have an internet connection where I live.  Sadness.  But I do work
in the library at school, where at least there's air conditioning.  It's
almost too cold on the first floor.  I'm wearing long pants.

Last week I saw Yo La Tengo and a Minnesota Twins game.  Being from
Chicago, I'm not really much of a Twins fan since they beat my White Sox
all the time.  But I did get to strike another baseball stadium off my
list, and they lost as well.  It wasn't as much fun trying to be a hooligan
at the baseball game, though.  Maybe next month when I go to Cleveland to
see the Celtic-AC Milan game I'll have more opportunities for that.

I listened to Built to Spill last night for the first time in like a year
or something.  I knew I liked it before but I'd forgotten a lot of the
songs, so it was like discovering them all over again.  I should try that
with more of my CDs but I'll probably just hate them or something.

I'll be in Chicago for a couple of days at the beginning of August.  There
should be a picnic or a bowling trip or something that will promote
solidarity.  That's the only way we'll rise up against our bourgeois
oppressors, after all.

I was going to say more but now I need to go back to work.  I think that's
the first time this has happened - usually I have lots of time but nothing
to say.  Anyway.

If your birthday is coming up or has recently happened, happy birthday!
Also shouts out to Stine, who I'll e-mail at some point, and the #sinister
crowd, who I'll likely not talk to again until September.  These computers
need IRC on them.

to the archives!,
-kevin