Sinister: London, 19/06/2003 + Glasgow 21/06/2003

Andreas popgoesart at xxx.de
Wed Jun 18 22:14:28 BST 2003

Hello folks,

almost four years since yours truly addressed this forum and too much has
happened in my life ever since, luckily enough first and foremost enjoyable
things. "Time Is All I've Seen" (The Sea Urchins).

Only thought to let people in or near London and Glasgow know about the
following events this week by way of a summary announcement, the obligatory
Belle And Sebastian content is, of course, included. "It's All In The Game"
(Cliff Richard). §;^D

Highly recommended for kindred spirits in or near London:

How Does It Feel To Be Loved ? club

Guest deejays: The Happy Couple (Hamburg)

Thursday, June 19th 2003, 9 pm to 2 am, £ 3.00

Buffalo Bars, Underneath the Famous Cock Tavern,
right outside Highbury & Islington tube station.

For details see
http://www.bowlie.com/forum/showthread.php?s=e61a6e5ac24873e789e8931f1d733c71&threadid=6136

Belle And Sebastian content:
Tóm and Jane aka The Happy Couple ( http://www.happycouple.de ) will surely
be playing a song or two by this P!O!P! combo as well as some of their
numerous influences.

Highly recommended for kindred spirits in or near Glasgow:

THE 2.4 HOUR TECHNICOLOUR DREAM

The Félicité Singles Club Launch Night

Saturday, June 21st 2003, 8.30 pm sharp

Nice'N'Sleazy, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

The Félicité Singles Club proudly presents

Roy Moller (Glasgow)

Ulric & Friends (Glasgow)

The Happy Couple (Hamburg)

plus Peter Mortimer (poet) and special musical guests.

Tickets merely £ 3.00 in advance and on the door.

Appearing Live

Roy Moller's début 7" single "Maximum Smile" b/w "David Niven" was recorded
with some Glaswegian guest musicians late last year and co-produced by
Stevie Jackson with whom Roy has occasionally collaborated on Belle And
Sebastian songs. "Roy Walker" is also a member of local instrumental outfit
The Wow Kafe. See
<http://www.felicite.de/cite03/cite03.html>http://www.felicite.de/cite03/cite03.html
for sound clips and more.

Ulric & Friends are fronted by Ulric Kennedy whose recordings with The
Catalysts are something of a legend and an archivists dream. The songs on
the self-titled 7" were recorded in 1985 and lay unreleased until The Happy
Couple happily received a tape featuring this short-lived project from
Ulric ( formerly singer of Whaam! Records artists The Mixers and later
member of Sarah Records artists The Golden Dawn ). See
<http://www.felicite.de/cite04/cite04.html>http://www.felicite.de/cite04/cite04.html
for sound clips and more.

The Félicité Singles Club 7"'s are (will be) available (soon) from some of
the finest mailorder services all over the globe, see
<http://www.felicite.de/distributors.html>http://www.felicite.de/distributors.html
. They will, of course, also be available at the event outlined and
promoted above. That was shameless promotion, I suppose, but not shameless
self-promotion anyway. §;^D

For details see
http://www.bowlie.com/forum/showthread.php?s=e61a6e5ac24873e789e8931f1d733c71&threadid=6102

Belle And Sebastian content:
Too obvious to be repeated. I wonder who the special musical guests could
possibly include. §;^D

See some of you around, hopefully, and apologies to those who are currently
not anywhere near London or Glasgow. "Travel" (The Honeymoons).

         "Smashing Time"
  (The Television Personalities)

               Andreas

    The rain it raineth on the just